Flight Suit

Discussion in 'The Fleet Air Arm' started by killkid, Dec 1, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey guys and girls, basically a few friends of mine are doing a military themed charity event where we all dress up and pick up a collection tin and raise money for Help For Heroes. Theres gonna be a few otc and raf uas guys there and im wanting to go as a faa aircrew. Ive got myself a flight suit already and just wondering on where i could get sqn patches, wings etc to put on my flying suit.

Ive found on ebay a few things but if anyone could help me finding more it would be greatly appreciated :D

I've found;

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FLEET-AIR-ARM...ilitaria_LE&hash=item4ce4ffc9fd#ht_694wt_1139

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Royal-Navy-Fl..._Patches_MJ&hash=item3cb2eff292#ht_500wt_1156

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Royal-Navy-Fl...ilitaria_LE&hash=item4154d30424#ht_2132wt_905

Thank you :)

2. :D all i need now is a boombox with Kenny Loggins playing

3. You rang, Scouse :D

You know how to hurt a man, don't you :cry: Goose was a bloody back-seater and you know what I think about those 2 seat jobs.

Killkid, I'd love to be able to help but I suspect I'm going to be unable. If your event is after mid-Feb, then I'll be able to sort around my box of steely-eyed fighter pilot stuff and send you a patch or two. Unfortunately, I won't be back in Oz until then due to work + family visits to UK/USA in the interim. Mind you, apart from some USMC guff, all the rest of my things are now either tin cans or being used for baby chockhead training :cry:

4. No worries, cheers for the thought :)

5. :lol: :lol: My Bad :oops: Pontius, having a senior moment..... I did of course mean Maverick :wink: [​IMG]

6. I can send you an OM(AW)2 badge and a Nav's yeo qualification badge which are infinitely more impressive than anything these WAFU twats can muster.

7. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

...I can supply some super-Gucci RN Police epaulettes, if you like?! :? :lol:

(10000th post!)

8. The guy has some element self respect. :roll:

9. sgtpepperband

Liiiike I said... :shock: :wink:

10. sgtpepperband

...but for WAFU authenticity, surely you'd be best advised to go as "Mattress Man"? :shock: :twisted:

[​IMG]

11. Mattresses! Mattresses! How dare you come into the hallowed WAFU (e)- ground and talk of such vile contraptions. Everyone knows the FAA only has one bed mistress............

The click-click bed:
    [​IMG]

Beauties, aren't they :)

Sea Harrier drivers were normally identified by either their chef or steward badges (at least that seemed to be the norm at every cocktail party), so it might be a good idea to see if those are available for the flying suit. If worst comes to the worst, I could probably get hold of some helo patches but I'd go with my previous suggestion......far less embarrassing :D

Edited to add: PS. Thanks Scouse. Marginally better; at least he's depicted as a pilot, even if he is a septic and his stature comparable to my dog.

13. Could be a very young Pontius :wink: [​IMG]

14. Just wanted to say cheers for the support the event went really well and alot of money was raised :)