Flight Deck Movies

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by higthepig, May 21, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. rather have the mickey/ducks. by F Quimbey Nice one Fred! F***K Fred after you with Fred :thumright:
  2. :thumright: Thanks for the reminder of those days scouse. I was but a baby dusty on the Old Grey Ghost, and that phrase has stuck in my mind to this day.

Sad oldish git that I am, I still watch T&J on Sky in the morning before I'm off to work !! :oops:

I bet the H&S nazis wouldn't allow us to sit under the lift these days !!
  3. Remember watching them in the hanger on the Triumph,running commentarys all the way through.PMSL
  4. So,where is the flight deck then?
  5. I the fin??????????? Or 0020 hanger????????? :dwarf:
  6. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

As a cadet in Triumph, the best bit with movies in the lift well was people falling down the holes at the side where the big greasy chains live.
  7. Sorry .talking about the heavy repair ship,ex aircraft carrier.
    Youre probably far too young to remember when we had a real navy.
  8. still no sign of the mickey ducks on the flight deck of the Albion and Victorious :thumright:
  9. :thumright: Well done that man !!

10. remember the Truimph in Singers 66 always stuck alongside/ The Victorious crew always sang to them in the Terror/ club " theirs a buzz going round the harbour that the Triumphs going to sea " :angel7: :thumright:
  11. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

She did deploy occasionally - as early 1968 to Sydney & Auckland. Looked achingly unseamanlike with all those shacks on the flight deck.
  12. We had the honour of bringing her back from Mombasa in 72 prior to scraping.
    She didnt fair very well in heavy seas and there was a danger of her leaking due to her being out east for so long.

When in Rio a baby chef was shot dead so we had to leave early curtailing a very good run ashore up until then.