Fleet or Ballistic

Discussion in 'Submariners' started by gb84, Apr 21, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. After reading some old posts on here and talking to an ex-submariner, i am looking at going on boats. I just wanted to know if you get to choose which type you serve on?
  2. You get to state a preference but you may not get what you ask for, it's all about bums on seats and where your needed most, the same as everyone else your at the mercy of drafty
  3. Well that gives me something to consider, thanks.

4. Naval Drafting Preference card.

State Area and Port authority Preferences.

Authority;- My mum said.

Port;- Dudley port or sour pool wharf. (Both locations in Birmingham area)

This was what an oppo of mine put.

3 Days Nines is what he got, frivolous request.
  5. I'll bare that in mind when stating my own preferences then, thanks
  6. It's bear, not bare. I'd go ballistic if I didn't get fleet :)
  7. You're absolutely right. I'm usually so good with words. Thanks anyway. I will be putting in for fleet, the same as everyone else by the sound of things.
  8. :lol: :lol: :lol:
  9. Fighter command certainly always used to be the best
  10. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Go diesel :lol:
  11. Oh keep up Janner they removed that option years ago.

12. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Stop being so bloody picky Maxi, theres a choice of two O boats and an A boat I believe :wink:
  13. But none of them are at Faslane or Dophing!

14. Look Maxi Janner is the same as a lot of us, likes his "O&A" 8O 8O 8O :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
  15. Not in the RAN and they are looking for people. Join them and get all that sunshine.

Nutty 8)
  16. All that sunshine?
    Where are they then Nutty? in your back garden? 8O :oops:
  17. No all Oz boats run out of Garden Island, Rockingham WA and its summer and sunny there. You missed the RAN bit of my post didn't you. Get the glasses back out.

Also sunny and 70F here even hotter in my back garden cos its walled.

18. Guilty as charged, but I know Rockingham well right down to the Helter skelter in the middle of the "Village" green.

Memories ah memories :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
  19. Alliance is still at Dolphin(Fort Blockhouse), or it was the other week when I was there,DBFMA
  20. You get a choice? Wow
    I jopined boats volunteered (put my drafting preference card in ) for Andrew and SM1 got SM10 and Revenge first commish.
    So that worked then.
    No difference between bombers and nukes all a set of primas!! All live in overly bright state of the art accomodation have three showers a day, weekends at sea, never go anywhere except Faslane or Coulport odd run to Rosyth oh no its shut!!
    Go fer bombers at least you'll know where you'll be in a years time - possible!!
    Me cynical? Never. SM1 means happy motoring!! Is there still an SM1??