Fleet Expansion ?

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by Nutty, May 3, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Is there something that the 1st SL or serving contributors to these forums are not telling us about an increase in vessels serving under the White Ensign. Is this a cunning plan to expnad our fleet of warships.

Spotted at Calcutt Marine on the Grand Union Canal near Leamington Spa Warwickshire, about as far as you can get from the sea, on Monday the 29th April 2007 at 10 am, the following.

[​IMG]

So where did this van come from

[​IMG]

Could get the crew of at least six vessels as found locally in that van. So here is a picture on my recent deployment to the canals of the Midlands.

[​IMG]

Nutty

2. As they are a Fleet Support Unit (genuine), maybe they've been asked to take on the support of craft on the canals of the Midlands?! :wink:
    Nice boat Nutty..who's the gezzer locked in the Lock??!!!!! :lol: :lol: 'Tis never you!!!!
    (Calcutt Marine not far from me)

3. Yes t'is I the OD Swab at the helm. The Capt/Owner was taking the pic as he staggered about. I sold my boat to move to Spain. The boats a David Piper No. 296 that is why its nice.

Nutty

4. There used to be one (maybe two) narrow boat(s) that “belonged†to FOSM, so maybe that’s why the van was there?

5. The Fleet Air Arm always used to have a narrow boat caled "Shy Talk". (think about it).

6. How very patriotic the van has an EU symbol on the number plate.........

7. I wonder if it's got "PUSH to open" on the inside of the doors??!!!! :?

8. There used to be a small fleet of large scale models of RN ships on the canals....I think they were used for recuitment.....but it was a long time ago.

9. One was a Bomber,one a DLG I think.Wonder what happened to them?

10. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

11. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Or "Don't touch if you wish it to remain as found, Arfur" ?