Fleet Bridge Card September 2011

Discussion in 'The Fleet' started by soleil, Sep 30, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. cheers, a very good resource there for us budding Officers
  2. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

Do you have your eye on someone to suck off?
  3. silverfox

silverfox War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

I believe there is an orderly queue forming.....
  4. Why would a Bridge Card be of any help to the AIB - unless you're going to be standing at Round Tower expecting a salute!
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

OK, one for the geeks, reference the bridge card: Why do we need a Flag Officer for Scotland, Northern England & Northern Ireland but not one for Wales, the Midlands, & Southern England?
  6. err....for teh lulz?
  7. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

You need to hang with the kids Jimbo.

I didn't know either.

Youg scruff, the bridge card may be of use for what ships are based where if you are asked at AIB but who is CO of HMS / RFA Nonsuch and their seniority date isn't important.
  8. I never mentioned that, nor was it my intended meaning. sorry.

There was a discussion about this in the newbies section, and when I saw it down on the most recent, I thought this was there. my mistake, sorry for sounding like some wierd ********
  9. Because there used to be a Flag Officer Plymouth and Flag Officer Portsmouth, who divided up the rest of the UK between them. The divisions can still be seen in things like recruiting boundaries and the diving unit areas of responsibilities.
  10. Also, I saw something on the news about training near the Hebrides, I may hazard a guess that also is related?
  11. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

And indeed welfare areas.

Presumably the post of Flag Officers Pompey & Guzz come under the command of Admirals with an increased portfolio of responsibilities, with a primary post title of higher import.
  12. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

Once upon a time there were CinC Portsmouth and CinC Plymouth (and CinC Nore).

Fleet Bridge Postcard soon.

My kye's cold.