Fleet Bridge Card September 2011

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
OK, one for the geeks, reference the bridge card: Why do we need a Flag Officer for Scotland, Northern England & Northern Ireland but not one for Wales, the Midlands, & Southern England?

admiralscruff

Lantern Swinger
I never mentioned that, nor was it my intended meaning. sorry.

There was a discussion about this in the newbies section, and when I saw it down on the most recent, I thought this was there. my mistake, sorry for sounding like some wierd ********

Because there used to be a Flag Officer Plymouth and Flag Officer Portsmouth, who divided up the rest of the UK between them. The divisions can still be seen in things like recruiting boundaries and the diving unit areas of responsibilities.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Because there used to be a Flag Officer Plymouth and Flag Officer Portsmouth, who divided up the rest of the UK between them. The divisions can still be seen in things like recruiting boundaries and the diving unit areas of responsibilities.
And indeed welfare areas.

Presumably the post of Flag Officers Pompey & Guzz come under the command of Admirals with an increased portfolio of responsibilities, with a primary post title of higher import.

Seaweed

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Once upon a time there were CinC Portsmouth and CinC Plymouth (and CinC Nore).

Fleet Bridge Postcard soon.

My kye's cold.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
soleil The Fleet 8
Polycell History 3
sgtpepperband The Fleet 0