fleet air arm branches

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by loiz18, Aug 17, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. since being on here i found that there are alot of branches i didnt even know about, could someone tell me what they are and what they do? or direct me to a website coz i cant find anything. thankssss!
  2. If you are not sure about the jobs, the best thing would be to pop into the Peterborough careers office and watch the presentation. Obviously there will also be careers staff on hand to answer any other questions that you might have

3. lol sorry didnt make that clear, i know about the branches that are on offer, i want to know a bit more about the ones that arent advertised and that you cant enter on.

some that iv heard about are "junglies" and photographer? and another one a pinger or something? what do they do? is there more?
  4. Pinger is the name for Sonar operation Aircrewmen , and Junglies are Commando aircrewman in the FAA , The squadrons are Sea Kings, Merlins,and Lynx all maintained by FAA maintainers (Im on a pinger squadron or a Junglie squadron ETC ) unless things have changed, Photographer have few members in their branch. You will probably not get into any of the above branches, for quiet some time,after you join, as say AET first, hope the above makes sense to you. Bit like running before you can walk :wink: :wink: :wink:
  5. Junglies and pingers are not trades, they are types of aircrafts doing specific jobs. ie junglies are people who work on NavySeaking mk4 commando helicopters while pingers are Merlin Anti submarine. Photographers are sidewards entry only once you are in along with Aircrewman. Hope it helps.... or not :lol: