Flagship Training for the Super Rich?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by JamesH, Feb 28, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. OK, so it's American journalism, but is this a chance to sell a valuable skill, or are some things better kept just for the fleet?

Wall Street Journal Source.

2. if abramovich wants a grubber to help fix his newly acquired FA2 on the back of his gin palace my numebr is 07921667029.
  3. It is not just the RN that do firefighting and survival courses.

MN personnel and everyone that works offsore has to be in date for these courses (plus a helicopter "dunker" trip as well for the offshore industry boys) and there are a number of commercial training centres round the UK and indeed abroad as well that run internationally recognised courses.

Cant see anything wrong with it myself.

4. FlagWagger

FlagWagger Book Reviewer

Flagship have also offered Leadership training to civvy companies - on my return from my RNR POLC, I convinced my then boss of the value of leadership training and 6 of my colleagues were sent to Excellent for a week. Their version of the Leadership course included a mix of PLTs, classroom lessons, initiative tests (here's a digital camera - go and get photos of all of you against the following landmarks - what's that, no map? tough!) as well as a formal dinner in the wardroom, a session in the DRIU and a session in the SAT. All of my colleagues came back having learnt something about themselves and swearing revenge on me! :)
  5. Firefighting and stewards courses, good money earner for RN, fleece the barstewards!! The RM can offer 'Section attacks: How to motivate your staff and win that contract' (er.. Firefight??).