Fixed penalty and Security Clearance

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by supersport253255, Jan 13, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi, first time poster here, i have two things i need clearing up.

Firstly, i was given a fixed penalty of £80 for drunk and disorderly, i have told my AFCO and have just passed my selection interview, Will i need a waiver or do you think it will be over looked as it is not a conviction.

Secondly, i have just got my security clearance in an email, does this have to be completed within a certain time?

2. Firstly, ensure you are completely honest with your AFCO Staff about the conviction - they will tell you the implications. Waivers etc are for them and their senior management to decide, depending on circumstances.
    Secondly, complete the SC stuff online as quickly as you can, as it can take some months to be completed - so the sooner you finish your input, the sooner the processing starts!
  3. He doesn't have a conviction TB. He was issued with a PND and it is a non-conviction form of disposal and requires no admittance of guilt. He has no criminal record but the arrest will be on the PNC (because they will have taken his DNA, previously it would have been purged from the PNC within 42 days) and will probably show up.
  4. fishface

fishface Badgeman Book Reviewer

The new e-format security clearence form asks for fpn's.
  5. Should have added that he should put it on. It's not a conviction (or an FPN technically) though was the point I was making.
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2012