Five UK personnel die in Afghanistan

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by scouse, Apr 26, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Who on earth is the 'expert' Paul Beaver that keeps popping up everywhere? The investigation hasn't even begun properly yet he is already claiming its human error on the radio.

He wants to wind it in.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Oh it's that bloke off the telly from 9/11. You'd think he's know better having been a STAB for 20 odd years.

3. Sad news, sincere condolences to family and friends.

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)

4. He did an article for 'Flight' magazine of 819 NAS when I was on it. I had the misfortune to be selected to crew the Sea King!!!! What a div! Knew everything. I got a bolocking for stating I could't see why I was in the crew with this know it all on board!!!

Arrogant aero-journo.

Sorry, should have included my condolences to the families of those lost in this tragic event. RIP lads.

5. As I understand it, yer man Beaver is/was a part time intrepid birdman with Teenyweeny Airways and now flies his own aeroplane. He probably still has shed loads of brown contacts who probably do leak gen. That said, it depends on his capability to interpret it.

6. RIP the lads, and sincere condolences to all those affected by this.

7. Any leaked 'gen' should be treated with a pinch of salt, as an apparent former military aviator he should be aware of that. They've not even salvaged the cab (In fact they've only just secured it) and he's already ruling out mechanical or weather and placing the blame on human error in an attempt to make himself look clever. All this when the families have only just been told and are having to come to terms with it. Absolutely idiotic.

RIP chaps.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Listening to another "expert", these guys were on a covert mission. Amazing where all these incredible facts come from.
    RIP fellas, no more work today.

9. He's probably one of the SIS' chosen few and a gullible terwat, just like Frank, "I'm brave, indomitable and well in the loop", Gardner

Last edited: Apr 28, 2014
  10. Today that grey RAF transport repatriated the 5 lost in the helicopter accident, many gathered at Brize Norton to see them come home. R.I.P and condolences to all those families.