Five Portsmouth navy officers rescued from the sea

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by sgtpepperband, Jul 17, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

[Full story]

2. [​IMG]

That shows real professionalism - I bet the fishermen laughed their tits off.

3. Clearly Lady Maureen didn't wanted to be "boarded" by five officers when she was already harbouring so many matelots. :lol:

4. Bit misleading: the article says that there were 2 Naval personnel and 3 MCA personnel.

5. silverfox

silverfox War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

so actually there were only 2 naval personnel involved, and I imagine they were the boats crew...

Anyone who has done fish will know that there for the grace of god etc etc. Especially when we had those ridiculous tornadoes in the Tons.

6. That's unsual

When I was on fish patrol on HMS Anglesey we used to have 1 Coxswain 1 Boat Crew 1 Boarding Officer (either an officer or senior rating) 1 Boarding Officers Assistant (usually a steward or the writer)

Then Defra Fishing Officer would sometimes come along.

Very rare there would be 5 Naval Officers in the RIB going to board the fishing vessel If so what happened to the coxswain and Boat crew??

I was Boat Coxswain on board and I've done loads of boardings

7. It's just yet another example of how the media doesn't know the difference between Officer and Rating / Soldier / Airman. I'm not being snobby about it - just annoyed that the media continue to be confused by the difference, and the correct abbreviation for various ranks/rates.

8. There isn't more than 5 Officers usually on a Fish Boat anyways including the Skipper

If they all went I don't think it would be a good move psml