Five arrested at naval peace demo

Of course they are allowed to not only have their opinion but express it also. If in doing so they break the law then equally they must accept the consequences of that action.

Because we have a tradition of those in government service behaving in an apolitical way those in that position may suffer employment consequences if their protest brings into doubt their ability to serve the country without bias.

Maxi_77 said:
Of course they are allowed to not only have their opinion but express it also. If in doing so they break the law then equally they must accept the consequences of that action.

Because we have a tradition of those in government service behaving in an apolitical way those in that position may suffer employment consequences if their protest brings into doubt their ability to serve the country without bias.
Correct in both cases, but like my respect or lack of it for General Jackson you have to decide which is more important your current employment or your opinion. The value of an anonymous opinion is questionable. Exactly as the value of anonymous information given to me when I was Plod was never acted on until enquires revealed it was supportable by known facts.

Nutty

Nutty said:
Maxi_77 said:

Correct in both cases, but like my respect or lack of it for General Jackson you have to decide which is more important your current employment or your opinion. The value of an anonymous opinion is questionable. Exactly as the value of anonymous information given to me when I was Plod was never acted on until enquires revealed it was supportable by known facts.

Nutty
I have a lot of sympathy for your comments on the Gen Jackson type of situation, although they may well argue it could have been worse if they had walked earlier and by staying they were able to minimise things. Sometimes though a difficult argument

Whilst I agree that anonymous info is of little value as 'evidence' it is often a very good guide as to where to look.