Five arrested at naval peace demo

glad to see that Britain is still a nation of people who have enough spine to stand up for what they believe in even when i dont agree with them... more power to freedom of speech

the_matelot

War Hero
A spokesman for campaign group Faslane 365 said that the blockade lasted about 40 minutes.
He added: "Members of the group sang songs and shouted words of encouragement while the five were being arrested."

And the whole point of this pointless demo was???

dunkers

War Hero
the_matelot said:
A spokesman for campaign group Faslane 365 said that the blockade lasted about 40 minutes.
He added: "Members of the group sang songs and shouted words of encouragement while the five were being arrested."

And the whole point of this pointless demo was???
yeah, because you know, it's the navy that decides whether it has nuclear bombs or not. Not the government or anything.

mikh

MIA
Is the 'peace camp' still sitting outside Faslane, these tossers ruined many a quiet duty weekend for me, (you can't play cards when your walking around the fence)

A

angrydoc

Last time I was up there was June, and the camp was still there. I hadn't seen it before and, to be honest, I missed it on the first drive past! There's a bit of grafitti on the road and some crappy looking caravans and tents at the side, but the whole thing looked like a blow-back to 1960s Woodstock-esque living.

I wonder how many benefits they claim from the Government they seemingly hate so much?

copenhagencup

Lantern Swinger
Would of been nice if they had campaigned for Peace in Northern Ireland

for a number of years instead, soft bastards, they know the Navy won`t

harm them, the IRA,UVF etc would not take so kindly to there protests.

mikh

MIA
angrydoc said:
Last time I was up there was June, and the camp was still there. I hadn't seen it before and, to be honest, I missed it on the first drive past! There's a bit of grafitti on the road and some crappy looking caravans and tents at the side, but the whole thing looked like a blow-back to 1960s Woodstock-esque living.

I wonder how many benefits they claim from the Government they seemingly hate so much?

Nothing changed in the last 11 years then. One of their bint's tricks was to try and trap jack when he was ashore and 'convert' him.