Fitness test

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by liverpooltom1, Sep 18, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey guys

Got my pre joining fitness test comming up in october and iv been training for it heavly. Aswell as training i have been looking on the internet for what it includes and have been seeing lots of different criterias. Could someone who knows what it includes or done it recently tell me what to expect

Cheers

2. Run 2.4km on a treadmill. If you're under 25, do it in under 11:13

Job done x

3. As Rah-Rah states for males it is 2.4 km in under 11 minutes 13 seconds. Did you not receive a letter from your AFCO with the criteria on it?

Just don't do what I did and accidentally press the emergency stop button 2km in.... you will have to start from scratch. Don't know what your method on the day is going to be but for mine I just whacked the belt up to 15kph and ran like ****.

Hope this helps.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Yeh good advice, I done the same, just whacked up the kph and ran flat out. I didn't keep looking down at the time and was surprised when the gym matey said 'that's it mate'. Do the test a few times in the gym and then you know you will sail it.
    Good luck

5. You have to pull a tractor with your teeth, abseil off the gherkin with a poodle dangling off your nutsack and enter the ring with your neighbour for 15 minutes of milling.

You ****.

• Like Like x 4
  6. best advice, just make sure you can run at a pretty fast speed (14kmp/15kph) for around 10 minutes

7. Thanks guys

8. Best advice to give is get off the treadmill and get on a field/road running. 2.4km (1.5miles) to be ran in 11.13 by 16-24, for Raleigh training I'd also recommend practising parlauf sprints and long distance running/jogs. Once you've passed phase 1 you'll have the choice for bleep test or the 2.4km run aswell as what they're introducing annually with the press-ups and sit-ups from January 2013.

9. WOW! This is almost like a military test.

10. frogman, did you see the FHM article when they described the RNFT as 'notorious'!

11. No were they taking the ******* piss? I left at 41 and still did 2.4 in under ten minutes. I weigh a lot more than some skinny little fuckwit joining up at 16 too.

Just get on with you morons and stop asking **** questions.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2012
  12. Hey Jim..how did the interview go for the job at the careers office ????

You're a natural mate!!!

13. You think they would let me past the door? You going to black tie mate???

14. During the trials I was trying to convince them to include pull ups and sled pulls. They told me to **** off, the *******.

15. Sled pulls now that's the shit

16. No they weren't, it was something to do with submariners keeping fit in confined spaces and the bodyweight exercises they do.

17. Submariners exercise?

Bwahahahahahahaaaaaa!!

18. I was going to........

19. What is this exercise of which you speak, opex, distex, sinkex or my favourite..endex

20. It's the surface equivalent of jumping from your bunk and scratching your nuts mate.