fitness test trouble

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by jacobday, Jan 30, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. i've got until next thursday to do my fitness test, however i have a chest infection and have been unable to run for the past 2 weeks, no signs of getting any better was just wondering what would happen if i cancelled my fitness test completely?

2. You have to conduct the PJFT 28 days from the date of your medical. I suggest ringing up your afco for advice. It shouldn't be a prob they will probably just defer your application for a month or so.

An Afco dweller will be along shortly to correct me. Good luck.

3. If you have a chest infection then I'm guessing your going to struggle with any fitness test. Get on the phone to your AFCO and talk to them asap (damage control) and they can advise you for the best.

Edited to remove some sarcasm due to having gone back and checking your last post and seeing that it was posted a month ago not yesterday!

Last edited: Jan 30, 2012
  4. Chest infection for 2 weeks? Have you seen your GP?

80% of people with viral upper respiratory tract infections (ie the cold) are still coughing 3 weeks after the infection has passed, so you may be in this group. However, you should probably see someone if you haven't already.

Without wanting to state the obvious, if you can't run then you can't run.

5. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. You don't have to conduct the PJFT within 28 days of your medical, as the medical is valid from age 18 through to 30 (unless aircrew candidate then its annual) and the Fitness Test is only valid for 12 months.

7. Just out off curiosity. If your fitness test does run out do you have to do it again in the gym or does your one at RNAC cover it?

8. As far as I am aware, as long as you pass the run on the PRNC without using the extra 10% you get, then this will cover it :) x

9. You have to be in date for a PJFT before attending a PRNC. Your CA should be chasing you up to re-do the fitness annually. Once a PJFT form has been issued you have 28 days to carry it out. However, if you are Ill/injured call your own CA who will be able to defer it and re-issue when fit.SM

10. Cheers for the info