Super Moderator
tommo said:
mmmm smashing starfishes

Alternatively

Adhesive%20Tea%20Towel%20Holder%20edited.jpg

Drakey

War Hero
miss_mazzy19 said:
She's joining as an AET. Shes a strong kid and she knows its not going to be a bed of roses, I have every confidence that she is going to be an asset to the Royal Navy and definitely not a 'liability'. Honestly some people.. She was a member of the army cadet force for 2 years so she does have an insight of what life in the forces is going to be like. I will indeed keep you posted on her progress. p.s what is a starfish? lol

It's nothing like being in a quasi-military environment, and cadets (of all flavours) don't necessarily make good sailors.

miss_mazzy19

Midshipman
Well we'll have to see about that wont we.... thats what shes' in there for isnt it? to learn the trade so to speak.. isnt that where you all started....jeez you lot are a hard hearted bunch.. your obviously not parents... i'm voicing my worries as a mother by the way.. not my daughters. She's just getting on with it all and loving every minute...

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
miss_mazzy19 said:
Well we'll have to see about that wont we.... thats what shes' in there for isnt it? to learn the trade so to speak.. isnt that where you all started....jeez you lot are a hard hearted bunch.. your obviously not parents... i'm voicing my worries as a mother by the way.. not my daughters. She's just getting on with it all and loving every minute...

We only act hard, you mum's are all the same. Mine got concerned when I went out the Gulf in 2001 and the shooting started (I was 44 at the time) whereas my wife was more of a "whatever" until my son joined up :D

Drakey

War Hero
You implied that because she had been a cadet that everything would be okay now that she has passed her 2.4K run. Yes, we're are a hardy bunch on here but you wouldn't want it all dressed up for you, would you. It's not as pink and fluffy as some people think. Your daughter will be given every opportunity to prove herself and if she does she will have a worthwhile and fulfilling career ahead of her.

Oh and by the way. I am a parent with a son who has just come back from Afghanistan.

miss_mazzy19

Midshipman
And she will prove herself, of that I am quite sure. she knows its going to be tough and challenging.

And who would think that the armed forces are 'pink and fluffy' i'm sure you wouldnt have said that if i had voiced concerns about my son. That makes you sound very sexist if you dont mind my saying so.....

P.s Good on your son for going to afghan....you must be very proud (not to mention worried sick the whole time he was there)

Drakey

War Hero
Pink and Fluffy was not a sexist remark. It is a term quite often used by the old and bold with reference to the differences in the forces "from my day". The perception is that it is much easier than it used to be. Not so.

Taffd

Lantern Swinger
I've noticed that the PJFT times required, are slower than the annual fitness test times required once in training and beyond.

Perhaps if the PJFT times were the same, there'd be less wastage and shorter waiting times for those who were ready.

Not sure I agree with the posters who state how hard training is. And well done to the young lady who, while initially being unsure if she was ready, managed to dig deep enough to pass her test.

daffy1

War Hero
miss_mazzy19 said:
And she will prove herself, of that I am quite sure. she knows its going to be tough and challenging.

And who would think that the armed forces are 'pink and fluffy' i'm sure you wouldnt have said that if i had voiced concerns about my son. That makes you sound very sexist if you dont mind my saying so.....

P.s Good on your son for going to afghan....you must be very proud (not to mention worried sick the whole time he was there)

I'm sexist, racist ermm hair colourist, heightist, weightist and pretty much an all round ist. I'm sure there is proper words regarding the last few, but I just don't have a clue what they are.

Latest Threads