Fitness Test... Female 25yrs?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Ahoy89, Dec 4, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have searched and I have found different times!

On the RN page it says that females 25+ have 13.50min but I came across a post on here whilst looking for something else that said the times had been reduced and it was now 13.37min.

I'm at my AFCO next week so I'll find out for definite then but I just thought I'd ask :)

2. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

3. exJenny

Go on the the RN website and look on there.

Just the thoughts of a blonde ex-wren. Don't blame me if it all goes tits up.

4. exJenny

[​IMG]

Just the thoughts of a blonde ex-wren. Don't blame me if it all goes tits up.

5. Almost everything you want to know about fitness and sport in the RN is here:

https://pdevportal.co.uk/main_category

The RNFT fitness protocols have the standards and details of how the tests are conducted. There is a link in the Physical Education section.

6. Thanks

7. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

The pre-joining fitness programme in the pdf on the RN website is now correct.

The female press-ups are incorrect though, it's full press-ups, same as the 'blerks'.

PJFT run times are as follows, as indicated in exJ's post:

MALE

15 – 24 11 min 09 secs

25 – 29 11 min 33 secs

30 – 34 11 min 58 secs

35 – 39 12 min 23 secs

FEMALE

15 – 24 13 min 10 secs

25 – 29 13 min 37 secs

30 – 34 14 min 05 secs

35 – 39 14 min 33 secs

8. Why is it that females aged 15-24 that should be in the prime of their fitness get 47 seconds longer than males aged 35-39? Regardless of whether males have more testosterone and all those arguments surely they should be fitter than males 20 years their senior? Not to mention the fact they need to be able to do the same job if indeed it is required.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

For those wishing to join the Diver branch or undergo the All Arms Commando Course the fitness standards are identical, regardless of gender.

The entry standards are set by the Institute of Naval Medicine, so far as I'm aware. I've frequently seen females surpass the entry fitness standards for Males but at the same time, Females & Males seldom compete in mixed gender athletics and have no doubt there will be a fairly robust logic behind the standards for entry based on age and gender.

10. Fair enough. I was just curious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. In my opinion female sailors are ALWAYS fitter than male sailors....................................Perhaps it's cos I is heterosexual:D

• Like Like x 2
  12. I think the times were all reduced about a year or so ago, so 13:37 sounds right. Just aim for under 13 min :)