Fitness Test...again???

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by cracker89, Oct 20, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ive looked on here and cant find any other threads sooo...

My fitness test runs out in January (They only last for 12months right?)

Due to the current circumstances will i have to do another one in January, or will my AFCO just wait until its nearer the time of getting a date for Raleigh? (if i do.. haha)

cheers :)
  2. same here mate mine runs out end of october
  3. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

I see what you did there.
  4. Nothing wrong with that, you should be able to beat your previous time.
  5. I intend to beat mine (in Feb) as long as I pass my medical re-take (in Jan). Time flies like a bitch! Can't believe it's a year since I first applied. Still, should be another year until I get in. I'll be Olympic Athlete Fit by then!
  6. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

The PJFT is only valid 12 months & those with an allocated entry date must have a recorded PJFT pass within 12 months of their provsional entry date.

Those who have been given a written provisional offer of service letter with a specified entry date, who are aware it's over 12 months since they passed a PJFT, should contact their AFCO to request a re-take.

Anyone who arrives at the New Entry Training Establishment without a valid PJFT pass certificate on record or who subsequently fails the fitness test on day two is advised to take the return train fare with them as unfortunately we no longer provide it.
  7. Thanks Ninja :)
    Im still waiting for a date so ill just hang fire for now until i hear something :)
  8. if you go on the aqcuaintant course you do a pjft there its a bit more like at hms raleigh because it aint on a treadmill, a pass here counts as a pjft pass aswell so there would be no need to do another one
  9. You may find your AFCO waits and gets it done when you go on an acquaint. Mine ran out in June and my AFCO never re-booked it, and waited until I went on my acquaint - which I'm just back from because, as Raffer says, a pass there counts as a pass. Just keep up with the training!
  10. Glad someone told me I've got to arrange for my own PJFT yearly re-take or I'd have thought I was off the hook. The weird thing is I can run it faster on the road. Maybe because it's less depressing than on a fukking treadmill!
  11. My CA contacted me to arrange the annual re-take. It would seem some contact you, where others wait for you to contact them. If you keep on top of it then that's the main thing. You may also want to enquire about your security clearance, it expires after a year too.