fitness standard

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by chrismccaff, Jan 25, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anyone know what the pjft is for mine clearance diver or is it the same as the standard?
  2. They have to do it carrying one of these....
  3. sorry if this has already been posted but does anybody know if the PJFT times have changed, and has Raleigh changed from 9 to 10 weeks??
  4. I'm pretty sure it's 10 minutes.
  5. Yes the run time for divers is 1.5 miles in under 10 mins. Also the time spent in basic training is going up from 9 weeks to 10 as of the entries in May 2011.

6. So now it takes the ignorant feckers 10 weeks to learn what we did in 6.........jeez.
  7. To make their Ego's even bigger no doubt! Still thick as mince mind!
  8. Why is it going up to 10 weeks? Whats new that they have to add a week?
  9. That'll be the hairdryer aquaint!
  10. INT​
    INT is an initiative that aims to co-locate initial rating and officer training at a single​
    site and deliver a common 10 week course. The Navy Board has directed that​
    this will be piloted in May 11 for rating entries and from Sep 11 for officer entries.
    The syllabus is being confirmed as this article is being written and will be CMS​
    compliant and be as common as possible between the streams. On completion of​
    INT, ratings will proceed to Phase 2 training and officers will proceed to Phase 1B​
    training at BRNC.
    The INT concept was derived with the generic concept of co-location – the concept
    does not dictate which training establishment training will ultimately be delivered at.​
    This decision rests with the Navy Board and is subject to further workstrands.

11. Suggesting that, from September, Officers will be asked to turn up at HMS Raleigh rather than BRNC on their first day.
  12. Or maybe learn more?
  13. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Grit, apparently.

There will be a 'high-ropes' element added amongst other war-like/gung-ho physical activities
  14. Royal Navy

High hopes from high ropes
  15. Time to conquer my fear of heights then?
  16. I'm scared of heights, will it be okay to sit that out?? :'(
  17. No problem. You won't be able to join the Navy, but you're welcome to call it a day at that point. You gopping minge
  18. Are you suggesting that's a bad thing?
  19. Hold your horses there chief. There is no reason our resident belmet can't simply sit on the side with a warm cup of bovril and a snood whilst the non-fearers do that which is asked. We shouldn't make the kids do scary evolutions, it's not ******* on.