Fitness requirements for aets on junglies

Discussion in 'The Fleet Air Arm' started by nodrog1246, Apr 8, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm a fat knacker thats useless at running and just wondered if there was any extra fitness requirements on jungles such as ... cft, infantry ft times etc?
    any info would be a great help! 8O
  2. If you find running a chore your first issue maybe passing the PJFT. :roll:
  3. No worries about pjft! lol....Passed rnft just after crimbo. Just trying find out more info, asked a few people but all the answers I'm getting are quite varied. Just wondered if anyone could shead a bit more light on the subject :p
  4. Even if ther isnt any extra requirment, why dont you go out and run your arse off anyway. Make sure your reaally fit, Instead of being a ' Fat Knacker ' ?
  5. Sorry guys I may have started this post off on the wrong foot, I was trying to be funny and it didn't work. I get down the gym as much as I can between studying. I just want some info so I have some thing to work to. I was guessing at a run time of 10.30 and a cft?
  6. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Just concentrate on actually joining the RN first, rather than what will happen when/if you finally get to a Squadron... :roll:
  7. Thanks for your help.
  8. :oops: Slim was about 18 Stone, and the best LAET, old money LREM (AIR) "pinky" on the squadron, and the only running that he ever did was to the bar, after an early chop PS Its undignified to see a Wafu running :wink: :wink: It upsets the Fish heads :lol: