Fitness Question for improving

Prowler

Lantern Swinger
I haven't ran properly in about... 6 years. Going to take me a couple of weeks to be able run 1.5 miles in under 12min, once the legs and lungs have gotten used to it again I should be fine.

Managed to run a mile today without feeling like I was going to cough up a lung or something so I'm getting there.

tentoes

War Hero
OMM's commando tip of the day:

If you can't run 1.5 miles in under 12 minutes without any serious health issues then you fail at life, not just your fitness test.

I always looked at mental weakness over fitness, give me a chubby lad who will keep going, eyes bleeding till you tell him to stop, than some bellthronk with delusions of grandure that wraps his t*ts in.

Don't forget a good diet important as well. :grin:

Youtube Challenges - @lewisnergaard & @toddyjack - YouTube

Blackrat

War Hero
Book Reviewer
OMM's commando tip of the day:

If you can't run 1.5 miles in under 12 minutes without any serious health issues then you fail at life, not just your fitness test.

I'd love to see you on a ten miler with kit after two weeks of hell at Otterburn.

tentoes

War Hero
I'd love to see you on a ten miler with kit after two weeks of hell at Otterburn.

I don't think you have been paying attention:grin:, OMM would be able to do that no problem (he's done the endurance course twice you know! Well not with any kit, or actually getting all the way round it, but still twice! Excuse typo's), he just doesn't fancy that sort of thing anymore.

frogman007

War Hero
Haha, I'm in no way arrogant.

But when you guys make me out to be some Walt RM wannabe I'm going to joke about it.

No. You were being serious with regards to failing in life for not being able to run 2.4k in a predetermined time. Fairly convinced there are some amazing people doing amazing things that can't run.

Anyway, pretty rich form the sites biggest failure.

Rachelthree

War Hero
I only mean it playfully, I think that it's like in the playground when you mock someone as you like them. All of your physical achievements you must be proper buff, cannot blame a lady mmmm.

OMM

War Hero
No. You were being serious with regards to failing in life for not being able to run 2.4k in a predetermined time. Fairly convinced there are some amazing people doing amazing things that can't run.

Anyway, pretty rich form the sites biggest failure.

It was aimed towards people who intend to join the Navy, obviously.

Biggest failure?

I didn't pass a course with a 50% pass rate, it's not like I failed the recruiting test and went to the job centre to sign on!