Fitness on submarines

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by phil1972, Aug 21, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. When it comes to fitness onboard, is it the case that your work keeps you fit enough and you are too knackered to do much else. There are facilities on board and they get used or generally people can't be bothered?

When shore-side what is your preferred form of fitness training?

2. Phil, a few select guys are allowed to train.Usually the ones that are Gym bosuns inboard as well. However the rest of the crew in true submariner style prefer to get pissed in the fore ends. If everyone trained at sea.It would make too much noise,more CO2 would have to be scrubbed more 02 to be made more o2 to be cooled .Lots and lots of noise ,so as long as you can fit down the AMS hatch your fit to be a submariner.However Berr fitness is a totally different story.You have to be awsome at drinking ale to get by in the RN's elite.

3. Fitness on Submarines.....is that like an "OxyMoron".... :hockey:

4. Stand fast bomber queens.. usually only phys equipment on T boats is a rowing machine fwd somewhere.. usually near enough the fwd bunkspace to piss off the JR's and a boxing bag in the switchboard or bomb shop. But as previously mentioned the only people who tend to use 'em are the people who do phys inboard. Everyone else just 'exercises' their wrists ,and their jaws while dripping like septic *********..

5. After a 3 monther walking inboard knackered me but after a week or so I could run up to the 8th floor of Benbow block. probubly could only walk it now with a break at the 4th 6 th and 7th for breathers. :pukel:

6. i know some T boats have those weighted bags (power bags)

7. ETME wannabe what T-boats are they then? been to sea on them?

8. deeps the old timer i havent been to sea yet no but it was trenchant

9. ETME don't let Deeps get to you, he isn't even in the Navy anymore, let alone a sludgemariner ;)

10. he's started a whole thread about my username

11. Tell him to eff off. He has no right whatsoever to tell you to change your username.

None.

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. shud get out more :)

13. Seen lamri

14. Well to be fare to Deeps, the guy aint a Submariner, so why is he even posting like he is , Once the guy has his Dolphins and done a few Patrols, (Real 1s or Bomber 1s who care's) then he can make comments about Submarine life,, ETME_Submariner go iron you 8s or 4s what ever..

15. feck me you not got a SMQ "WET" :money: or a ~TAB~ to read

16. no mate on summer leave join my boat middle of September and have not got my SMQ wet task book yet

17. Leave before Part 3, they are getting soft now.

18. Well my original post got a discussion going, but not the one I planned. And no I ain't a submariner (yet) but I posted in newbies like a good sprog.