Fitness Levels before HMS Raleigh

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Amyshickers, Jul 19, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am currently training up for my PJFT and can now run the 2.4k in 12.00 (I'm a girl by the way). How much more should I try and improve this before I go to Raleigh? And I can just about do the minimum press ups and sit ups .. so that needs to be improved greatly!
  2. How about you keep trying to improve it as much as you can?
  3. You could enroll in one of my many classes. Hundreds of women over the years have improved their pelvic thrusting thanks to my instruction. Sit ups as well improve thanks to my advanced "Bobbing "exercise. :wink: :wink: 8O :D
  4. Just stick to the last week of the pamphlet you got about fitness before Raleigh and what you should be doing. If you don't have the pamphlet I think you can download a PDF of it on the RN website.

Maybe exchanging the swim for cycling or something.
  5. I don't know if it helps at all but I've been using the army fitness guide.

Online one is here, only problem is you have to register but it doesn't take much time at all.
  6. A good one to us is the Royal Marine training tool , but i think its probably better off for people with abit more of a base of fitness otherwise i would imagine some people would struggle.

Definately worth a look worked magic for me so far.
  7. are the press ups and sit ups for the fitness test timed if so what is the time is it 1 min?
  8. Just seen this Asian bird on the BBC's Newsbeat site doing an Army fitness test whilst out in Afhganistan. And she passed - which was quite blatantly a lie from what the viewer could see of her fitness levels. So if you do think that you fail you can quote this site in defence:
  9. You call those push ups???
  10. Exactly my point - and the running... give her her dues though, running in that heat can't be nice.
  11. Think they should have failed her, even for morale...showing the country that not just anyone can join the armed forces!! Pfft.
  12. Just follow the training guide that the AFCO gave you. If you can acheive what is in the 8 week programme and manage the times/amounts required for Raleigh (which are again in the training booklet), you should have no problems in passing the fitness at Raleigh.

Without doubt the fitter you are the easier Raleigh will be for you

Best of luck

13. I have to say Iv just been following the booklet like supermario sez and it is working a treat for me.

I have adapted it slightly to fit my work hours and added cycling to and from work in it. Im in the middle of week 3 at the mo and I can already see and feel a massive difference, running longer with less effort.

At the beginning of May I tried to do the 2.4 km run on a running track near my house and couldnt even manage the distance at the pace required. I only managed 4 lapes when i had to stop.

i then went to the gym on the treadmill to start with so i was ready for my PJFT and now concentrating on running on the road.

I timed my run last week, 6 times round the 400m track in 10:11. Which im chuffed with tbh, and im not half way through the programme yet!
  14. We know your a split,thats why we (me and my pervy oppos) want to know if yove got great big or small petite BAZOOMERS, :D