Fitness/Hms Raleigh

Jack2000

Hi guys, I’m new to this just wanted to say hi first of all.
I’m awaiting my face to face medical and my fitness date.
I’m cacking my pants thinking about the running side of phase 1, can anyone let me know what to expect?
My running is okay I guess there’s always room for improvement, I’m just wondering what to expect to I can prepare for it, etc Distance, Weight etc..?
Thanks guys

redmonkey

War Hero
Book Reviewer
There are loads of threads regarding fitness on here. Have a look through them and they may answer the questions you have.

Use the search function top right.

Hi Jack,

Try looking on YouTube HMS Raleigh basic training. It goes through it week by week.

I've just got my dates for June so I'm also getting physically ready for it. There is also a fitness plan on the Royal Navy website that you can download :)

X

Jack2000

Hi Jack,

Try looking on YouTube HMS Raleigh basic training. It goes through it week by week.

I've just got my dates for June so I'm also getting physically ready for it. There is also a fitness plan on the Royal Navy website that you can download :)

X
Thank you so much I’m look for one as we speak, also let’s hope that we are in the same class haha!

Yes we may be! I'm very nervous myself but I will look forward to it more once my medical examination is done! My training is over the summer holidays tho so I do 9 weeks then go back for my last week I think. I'll be relieved once I'm actually there though!

Bimma

Midshipman
ideally you want to be doing a 2.4km time in under 12 minutes as by week 5 you need to do it under 11:09 to pass RNFT. There is a fair bit of running but isn’t all just doing laps of the Astro but interval training with lots a short sprints over a long time. You won’t run more than 2.4km in one go so make sure you can do this in a decent time as if not you will struggle and could be back classed if you don’t meet the time needed.

Latest Threads