fitness for aircraft handlers

since there is an element of firefighting in this job i assume you need to be superman fit. what exercises do some of you guys do specifically for this role?

i do the basics and at the minute, training specifically for basic training but i want to up it a bit and get more ah specific.

would it be a good idea to train like a firefighter would?

ta :)

loiz18 said:
since there is an element of firefighting in this job i assume you need to be superman fit. what exercises do some of you guys do specifically for this role?

i do the basics and at the minute, training specifically for basic training but i want to up it a bit and get more ah specific.

would it be a good idea to train like a firefighter would?

ta :)
As has been said just concentrate on basic training.

Job specific will come with trade training when you'll find out what is required of you.

Added to that, you'll be introduced to the bar on first draft and training will go right of the door!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Aircraft Handlers are the heroes of the Fleet Air Arm
They can
Bump Start Aircraft
Fight ginormous fires
Light Ginormous fires
Pull aicrew out of crashed aircraft
Drive Nubian fire appliances into dining halls
Leave the cam cinema half way through the movie to attend a fire exercise.

But the best thing about Handlers is.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................They are great at running the squadron coffee boat :p

slim said:
They can
Bump Start Aircraft
Fight ginormous fires
Light Ginormous fires

But the best thing about Handlers is.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................They are great at running the squadron coffee boat :p
And getting the mail for the reggie!!! And putting out practice fires!!

fredtubb

Lantern Swinger
Once I was conceted and used to brag about being a handler.
BUT as you work hard and get experiance you find you don,t have to talk at all. LOL LOL.
Yours Modestly
fred - Ex- Handler

slim said:
They can
Bump Start Aircraft
Fight ginormous fires
Light Ginormous fires

NEVER Us Bombheads Always did that

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
flynavy The Fleet 46
Floppyjocky Diamond Lil's 3
Reservist-Monkey Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 20