Fitness Facilities at Faslane

Discussion in 'Royal Naval Reserve (RNR)' started by SpliceTheMainbrace, May 1, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi to everyone who has been to Faslane and used the fitness facilities there can you tell me if they are any good? I am looking forward to getting stuck in with my fitness as I will be based there for a few weeks.
  2. There's some cracking hills around there. Swap your issue handbag for a Bergen :D
  3. Bit extreme!
  4. I've only used the pool, tis pretty decent!
  5. Now this is the sort of thing I was after. Will do the bergen and hill thing if I have to and have trained enough to be able to do that kind of thing but my fitness has fallen by the wayside for a bit. Need to get back into shape again. Love swimming, hopefully get to swim every night!
  6. If you're a bird, you should get enough exercise running away from stinking submariners.
  7. Where is this dry ski slope? I remember about 5 years ago when i was on my RNAC they said there was one. But having been back on a ship a few times and never seeing it. And have never heard anoyone mention it i guessed it must have been a PTI having us on a bite.
  8. Neptune Ski & Board Centre

Look harder next time, danny :roll:
  9. Haha I am a girl and yes I would be running away from them as I am otherwise already taken. :)
  10. Cool i asked people on the ship at the time and they just looked at my like i had two heads and called me a daft sprog.
  11. Go up the hill from the Neptune building & head for the ranges, you'll pass it.
  12. The facilities there are the best I've seen at any naval or indeed any military base any anywhere!

As previously said the pool is pretty good, with a nice sauna/steam room alongside, pretty decent changing facilities. There are a few squash courts, a five-a-side gym, a cardio room with all the kit you'll ever need, a boxing gym and a brilliant weights/machines room.

There's also an outward bound/AT building where you can get loan kit from right next door.

Enjoy - We did!
  13. SpliceTheMainbrace

For further details, ring 01436 674321 and ask for the Sportsdrome.
  14. Is that long walk from the automat to Linten block still in use?