Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Fist post

SMOKE FROM THE FUNNEL... SIR! AS ANY ONE SERVED ON A MAJOR WARSHIP, LIKE A CARRIER YOU WILL KNOW THAT UNDER THE CASING THE FUNNEL IS INTERNALLY SPLIT DEPENDING ON HOW MANY BOILERROOMS YOU HAVE. ie A,B,X,and Y. ON ENTERING HBR A RATING (SUCH AS I) WOULD BE POSTED TWIXD FUNNEL AND BRIDGE, IF SMOKE APPIERED DURING CHANGES AND ENGINE ORDERS THE OFFENDING BOILERROOM COULD BE IDENTIFIED, I WOULD RELAY THIS INFO TO THE O,O,W, WHO WOULD TELL THE OFFENDING BOILERROOM TO CLEAN UP THERE ACT. I NEARLY CAUSED A COLLISION AS A YOUNG O,D. WHEN UNDER THE WATCHFUL EYE OF THE CinC FES I REPORTED TO O,O,W.......SMOKE FROM THE FUNNEL SAH!......... O,O,W. REPLIED...... WHICH END LAD???????.............. TO WHICH I REPLIED.............. THE TOP SAH!!!!!!!

AS ITS St GEORGES DAY REPLIES ONLY PLEASE FROM MEMBERS OF THE MASTER RACE. ANYONE ELSE CARRY ON RIOTING!

AS ITS St GEORGES DAY REPLIES ONLY PLEASE FROM MEMBERS OF THE MASTER RACE.

You Called??
No need to shout ole chap..

At last ...a topic that is completely anchor faced ...
The funnel sentry like the Lifebuoy sentry on the quarterdeck has now been fazed out.....
Now that there`s no tot anymore Jack doesn't`t tend to fall overboard quite so much as he used to...
As for the smoke ..Gas turbines are usually smoky anyway so what`s the point....

Welcome to RR and congratulations on your fist post....

Sgt Harman Boy (One classic Film, eh?)

Ermmmm, I once served on a 'major warship' too, but we didn't have any funnels under our casing.......:-|

(But we could have produced 16 nasty trails of smoke.......... :wink:)

Sgt Harman Boy (One classic Film, eh?)

Ermmmm, I once served on a 'major warship' too, but we didn't have any funnels under our casing.......:-|

(But we could have produced 16 nasty trails of smoke.......... :wink:)

Well...... What have we go here...... A Freekin Comedian! Are you related to Gomma Pile? Are you a Peter Puffer? Have you tried going down breathing water wearing a full metal jacket. If not, try it. Do the world a favour.
I served on the K class they had hing funnels under the casing.

Well...... What have we go here...... A Freekin Comedian! Are you related to Gomma Pile? Are you a Peter Puffer? Have you tried going down breathing water wearing a full metal jacket. If not, try it. Do the world a favour.
I served on the K class they had hing funnels under the casing.

Er that's Gomer Pyle norman, ganges62 or whatever your previous incarnations have been.

An aside.

Congrats, Blackrat it looks like your last missive was the 26,000th to be posted at the Gash Barge.

No prizes, though; and it seems such a shame it had to expended on such a Troll.

‘Boy,

Re: Your last.

It merits only a brief but pithy reply.

“Pith Offth”

Happy? Don’t answer – I know that at least one of us is now.

K Boats? You've spit ‘em? (or was that just the K Jelly….)

Last edited:
What the **** am i on????............... On an HM warship............... More is the question. What are you on?????? Drugs probably!!!!

Who's that in the picture? ..... Ya Boy Friend?

What the **** am i on????............... On an HM warship............... More is the question. What are you on?????? Drugs probably!!!!

Who's that in the picture? ..... Ya Boy Friend?

Public holidays always seem to bring forth a plethora of mentalists. But this Easter we have been truly blessed. The lord is kind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest Threads