Fish & Chips

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by Leatherneck, Apr 27, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The best Fish n Chips i've ever had was at this pub.
    The batter was made from Jail Ale.
  2. No , its got to be a proper "chippie" :dwarf:

Pubs are for drinking in.
  3. No mate, this was something special.
    Normally I'd agree wholeheartedly but this pub isn't a "Gastro Pub" by any stretch :) its also the village Restaurant.
  4. Granted there may be exeptions.
  5. Ok, the secret is in the batter, which takes a good Ale, so much for America.

Thank you mates.
  6. Some pubs here are known for their food. But I usually called in for drinking and a place to park my knob for the night. :rambo:
  7. And in the frying, which must be done in beef dripping. And the fish, which must be cod, and bugger the EU!
  8. Actually old chap, it's not the pubs; it's the fish and chip shops, known as the "Chip 'Ole!
  9. No no. Lancashire is the fish chips mushy pea county of England. :thumright:
  10. Can't argue with that! Best black pudding as well; and I'm from Derbyshire.
  11. [quote="wardmaster
    Actually old chap, it's not the pubs; it's the fish and chip shops, known as the "Chip 'Ole![/quote]

Havnt heard it called that since we had a "coil oil"before we moved south when I was nowt but a lad. :dwarf:
  12. Thanks for tips, I'm going to have to go on a nice long holiday to England.
  13. The best Fish & Chips were served in 2J4 mess HMS Ark Royal 1976.
    The frequency of the opening times depended entirely on the resident PO Cook. However opening times always seemed to coincide with his beer and spirits allocation being exhausted. Not a bad trade a pint for Fish & Chips :thumright:
  14. Nnnnghgh nnnnngh nnnngh. Nnnnnngh nnngh nnnnnnnnnngh ngh.
  15. Now I have tasted the delights of many a chippie, and the Bewdley Fish Bar is the best in the world. If anyone is anywhere near Kidderminster I would seriously look it up!

And is it weird that the best spag bol I ever had was in Shanghai?