First Woman RN To Receive MC

Levers_Aligned

War Hero
NZ_Bootneck said:
Well done to that lass.
Perhaps now we can move on from the "Women in the RN? Never!!" harrumphing that raises it's ugly head occaisionally?
Oh aye. There will be the 'I bet she's a fat minger' and the 'fecking women. War has no place for 'em' platoon as well.

I'm really proud of her and for her. Proud of her because she wears our uniform and showed exceptional guts and mettle and proud for her because she's probably run up against the bigoted bell-ends before who insisted that because she has tits she is somehow unworthy of recognition as a matelot.

Happy she disappointed those amongst us who haven't moved on from a century ago.

levers

BZ Scab lifter.

Who knew the RN was out there?? You would think it was just the Army the way the media go on lol About time RN got some good publicity out there :D

I

In_my_day

I'm repeating myself here because I deel it is worth the message. Congratulations to all. I would particularly like to congratulate MA Nesbitt; and by proxy thank all MAs; as I believe that the provision of medical assistance during combat is essential to OC. She and others such as LMA Hogben continue to provide Units with that essential "scab lifter" service that guys depend upon and which undoubtedly saves lives that would be lost if they were not immediately to hand, and I again thank them for that.

IMD