First Tour of Afghanistan for Female Engineer

WreckerL said:
finknottle said:
Naval_Gazer said:
flymo said:
Am with Finks on this. So what? Trying to milk a story about a member of the fairer sex doing a man's job. Sorry, but they burnt their bras far too long ago for me to get excited...

I wouldn't mind if it said "first naval chef not to burn a boiled egg" if that's what it takes to persuade the papers to print something about any of the thousand RN personnel serving in Afghanistan.

(And yes, I know that RN chefs usually shine at the annual Hotelympia cookery competitions :wink: )

A burnt boiled egg, never came across one of those. :?

Not done much seatime then Finky? :wink:

And the connection between 'burnt boiled eggs' and seatime is? :)

wave_dodger

MIA
Book Reviewer
Sorry, can't see what the dripping is over. It's a straightforward media piece just highlighting one person in the many thousands, who are there/have been there and have done/doing a good job. Good for internal and external PR, except clearly some embittered and sad individuals don't agree.

Next.

Merlin28

War Hero
finknottle said:
Don't see what all the fuss is about, she is only doing her duty. Having said that good luck to them all.

They were going to write a piece on you but it was then decided you had a face that was only suitable for radio. :twisted:

Trigger_92

War Hero
Firstly, Id like to say Good luck to her and all that are out there just now...

BUT. Im with finks, I dont see how a female out there doing her duty is any different than a male out there doing his. After all, the navy, or any of our armed forces, does not sexually discriminate etc etc. Or so Im led to believe.

However that being said Im also with NG, Anything to highlight the great work all RN personell are doing out there and about time some ignorant people in our country start to take notice of this.

Totally not sitting on the fence here :lol:

Merlin28

War Hero
Scouse_Castaway said:
Its a shame the Navy isnt exploiting the PR opportunities more. The Army and to an extent the Crabs get a fair bit of News attention due to Afghan and i wonder if the Navy would be better off if it got its fair share of the limelight somehow.

Good luck to the lass and I hope her tour goes smoothly :thumbright:

The RN are quietly confident, whereas the others shout about their achievements out in an attempt to measure up. to the high standards the RN have set.

Merlin28 said:
finknottle said:
Don't see what all the fuss is about, she is only doing her duty. Having said that good luck to them all.

They were going to write a piece on you but it was then decided you had a face that was only suitable for radio. :twisted:

First I've heard of it. :?

broadside

War Hero
finknottle said:
Naval_Gazer said:
flymo said:
Am with Finks on this. So what? Trying to milk a story about a member of the fairer sex doing a man's job. Sorry, but they burnt their bras far too long ago for me to get excited...

I wouldn't mind if it said "first naval chef not to burn a boiled egg" if that's what it takes to persuade the papers to print something about any of the thousand RN personnel serving in Afghanistan.

(And yes, I know that RN chefs usually shine at the annual Hotelympia cookery competitions :wink: )

A burnt boiled egg, never came across one of those. :?

Tip for burning a boiled egg
1. Put egg into pan with water and put onto hot plate to boil
2. Go to sleep in an armchair in front of the TV (alcohol MAY have a role to play in this!)
3. Wake when the water has boiled dry, egg has shot skywards with a loud bang and pan has been well and truly OPDEF'd
4. Scrape burnt boiled egg off deckhead
5. Think of a good excuse why the wife's best pan is ruined

Latest Threads