Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Tour of Afghanistan for Female Engineer

Junglie_killick said:
I'm currently serving out here with her, I'll pass on all the opinions guys.

if she is still out there on xmas day you can pass my pants onto her.

obviously i'll still be wearing them

finknottle

Banned
Merlin28 said:
finknottle said:
Don't see what all the fuss is about, she is only doing her duty. Having said that good luck to them all.

They were going to write a piece on you but it was then decided you had a face that was only suitable for radio. :twisted:

First I've heard of it. :?

broadside

War Hero
finknottle said:
Naval_Gazer said:
flymo said:
Am with Finks on this. So what? Trying to milk a story about a member of the fairer sex doing a man's job. Sorry, but they burnt their bras far too long ago for me to get excited...

I wouldn't mind if it said "first naval chef not to burn a boiled egg" if that's what it takes to persuade the papers to print something about any of the thousand RN personnel serving in Afghanistan.

(And yes, I know that RN chefs usually shine at the annual Hotelympia cookery competitions :wink: )

A burnt boiled egg, never came across one of those. :?

Tip for burning a boiled egg
1. Put egg into pan with water and put onto hot plate to boil
2. Go to sleep in an armchair in front of the TV (alcohol MAY have a role to play in this!)
3. Wake when the water has boiled dry, egg has shot skywards with a loud bang and pan has been well and truly OPDEF'd
4. Scrape burnt boiled egg off deckhead
5. Think of a good excuse why the wife's best pan is ruined

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
finknottle said:
WreckerL said:
finknottle said:
Naval_Gazer said:
flymo said:
Am with Finks on this. So what? Trying to milk a story about a member of the fairer sex doing a man's job. Sorry, but they burnt their bras far too long ago for me to get excited...

I wouldn't mind if it said "first naval chef not to burn a boiled egg" if that's what it takes to persuade the papers to print something about any of the thousand RN personnel serving in Afghanistan.

(And yes, I know that RN chefs usually shine at the annual Hotelympia cookery competitions :wink: )

A burnt boiled egg, never came across one of those. :?

Not done much seatime then Finky? :wink:

And the connection between 'burnt boiled eggs' and seatime is? :)

Try boiling one when it's roughers (chef's excuse, not mine :oops: )

shag_shacker said:
Junglie_killick said:
I'm currently serving out here with her, I'll pass on all the opinions guys.

if she is still out there on xmas day you can pass my pants onto her.

obviously i'll still be wearing them

I'm sure she won't mind, I'll just tell her a Chief from MASU's special alchohol disposal unit requires a whisky top-up!

finknottle

Banned
I was fond of a 'hard boiled egg' and rolls for 9'o clockers, lashings of slide and well seasoned, there was no shortage of salt in those days.

SSN09

Badgeman
Only girl in a naval unit in Afghanistan, I hope she sleeps with an aspirin between her knees !!

Good luck to her though, I admire 'em all out there

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS News article: Prince Harry completes tour of duty in Afghanistan The Gash Barge 97
D How do i get a tour in Afghanistan? Bases / Shore Est 9
MoD_RSS Minister gets takes first ever ‘virtual tour of Sellafield’ MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Africa business opportunities encouraged by HMTC UK tour MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Marylebone Cricket Club Tour - A Sign of Enduring UK-Pak Dosti MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Maritime minister undertakes future of shipping industry tour, as ports cyber security guidance is updated MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Indian parliamentarians tour UK's largest aircraft carrier MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Regional Air Connectivity Review: aviation minister visits Liverpool John Lennon Airport to launch UK tour of regional airports MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Duke and Duchess of Cambridge begin Pakistan tour in Islamabad MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Chevening presentations tour cities in Turkmenistan MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Vancouver Marks Final Canadian Stop on Red Arrows Tour MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Minister for the Middle East and North Africa completes tour of the Gulf MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Bridgewater Canal tour highlights work of Coal Authority MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Nationwide infrastructure tour launched today in Essex MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Date announced for Red Arrows American tour MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Faith Minister launches national tour to celebrate the role of faith communities MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Brighton welcomes Small Business Saturday bus tour as minister joins small business owners MoD News 0
soleil Press & Journal: "Royal Navy Patrol Boats In Tour Of The North" SCC and URNU 0
MoD_RSS News story: Scottish mine hunter home after three-year tour MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: World renowned RAF Red Arrows to tour Middle East MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Red Arrows return to UK after historic tour MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Red Arrows to promote prosperity with major Asia tour MoD News 0
Fletchrfc How often do submarines stop at ports during a 6 month tour? Submariners 49
soleil Falkirk Herald: "Sub Tour Helps Bring Memories To Surface For Grangemouth Man" Submariners 0
soleil CBBC: Newsround: "Leah Takes A Tour Around HMS Daring" The Fleet 0
T British and Irish Lions' squad for their tour of Australia 2013, a good mix? Sports and Adventure Training 7
J Amazing Art from Herrick 2014 Tour Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 3
janner Tour of International Space Station Diamond Lil's 0
R Tour Frequency and Length Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 29
Ballistic Tour de funny Sports and Adventure Training 1
P Submarine tour lengths Submariners 28
MoD_RSS The Two Worlds of Charlie F begins national tour Current Affairs 0
soleil Daily Record: "HMS Blyth Given Great Send-Off As Ship Sets Sail For Six Month Tour" The Fleet 3
MoD_RSS HMS Liverpool to visit London on farewell tour Current Affairs 0
soleil BFBS News: "Tour Extended For 854 Naval Air Squadron" The Fleet Air Arm 1
janner Rare photo of the 1940 Tour de France Diamond Lil's 11
soleil Wired.co.uk: "9,000-tonne Chunk Of Aircraft Carrier Takes Five-Day Tour Of Scotland" The Fleet 3
soleil Pompey News: Guided Tour Of HMS Dolphin - 10th September 2011 Submariners 1
soleil Radio 4: A Tour Of Barrow Submariners 0
soleil Duchess Of Cornwall To Tour RFA Argus RFA 2
soleil Two Six TV: A Guided Tour Around HMS Dauntless The Fleet 3
soleil MoD: "Navy Helicopter Pilot Returns From First Helmand Tour" The Fleet Air Arm 0
AfterSSE O Boat tour Submariners 0
scouse Fw: Virtual tour of a WWII submarine... Submariners 6
soleil BBC Guernsey: "Islanders Tour HMS Daring" (Nice pics) The Fleet 1
soleil Navy News: "Bulwark's European Tour is all White" The Fleet 0
S Tour frequency and aptitude test. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
BillyNoMates "X-Factor" losers Tour dates for 2010. Diamond Lil's 1
trelawney126 BBC Report "Tour of HMS/m Vengeance" Submariners 12
Montigny_La_Palisse Hols4Heroes - Tour of Purdey Gun factory II Charity 21