First Test

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by asagriffin, Jul 12, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ive got my first test for the Navy in 2 weeks, i have done a practice test but my results on the mechanical section was not up to scratch.

Anyone know of any websites that will help me with this?

Thanks

2. Go to the local library, and usually in the business section you will find half a dozen psychometric and IQ test books (the one published by the Times are pretty good).

Won't cost you a penny.

3. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

5. thanks for the help guys, wats the general pass mark?

6. the required pass mark varies dependant on what role you applied for. The main thing is to practise, and practise against the clock- believe me you will understand why they tell you to make sure you do! It's not easy but with enough practise you'll do OK.

7. Broadly speaking, a mark of 50% will leave you open to a lot of trades. Of course, technical trades like AET require the highest marks.

I'm glad I've got my RT test behind me.............caused me enough headaches!

The strict time limit catches loads of people out. Don't spend too long on each question. If you don't know the answer, make an educated guess.

Good luck sir!

8. I cant believe how many people worry about that bloody test. I just rocked up and did it. Dont even seem to remember the time being an issue. I thought it was just to make sure you wernt compleatly solid.

9. sgtpepperband

did you pass, then..? :wink:

10. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

How very astute.

11. Hello, I was wondering if anyone has recently applied to do there RT test from Blackpool, I applied two weeks ago and just playing the waiting game for my letter back :)
    Thkanku

12. sgtpepperband

He plays for Arsenal, doesn't he? :?

13. no pompy 8)

14. -
    brushteeth

15. :thumbright:

16. Bright sparks! it was meant to say THANK YOU!! and im not a he im a she thankyou very much!

17. Calm down panther, it is only banter.

18. hahaha im calm!! did my RT test today, failed for my trade said I could do Air Craft Handler or Steward, or come back in 6months :( . So going to do a maths course and redo the course in 12months :) long wait but worth every bit!

19. Good attitude april, some do take a trade with the lowest waiting time just to get in and regret it later as thier chosen branch does not suit.