First step to success

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by joe_145, Sep 5, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Quality result today i finally got my application form through. Time to get this ball rolling...bad news is, i didnt know you had to give your current employer as a referee....i kinda dont wanna tell my boss im joining everyone knows bosses tend not too like when you are planning to leave there any way around this???

2. I too put my current employer down and was told they wouldn't be contacted until I gave the OK. However AFCO forgot and the next thing I knew my boss called me in! Lucky for me he took it OK and wrote it in front of me. I'm led to believe you can put 2 personal references though, if you like, check with YOUR AFCO though for confirmation.
  3. I put my cureent employer down too - only my current employer is my familys business!! Wasn't keen on them finding out before I was ready.

Good luck with you application and the process!
  4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

It is not essential you nominate your employer as a referee, however if you write your employers' details in the referee section, we will write to them.

Unfortunately, you cannot nominate a referee who is related to you, so if you work for a relative, they cannot be a referee.
  5. cheers ninja....informative as ever. So for example could i put down my foreman in my current job and a previous employer??