First step to success

joe_145

Lantern Swinger
Quality result today i finally got my application form through. Time to get this ball rolling...bad news is, i didnt know you had to give your current employer as a referee....i kinda dont wanna tell my boss im joining up....as everyone knows bosses tend not too like when you are planning to leave them.....is there any way around this???

cheers

hammers

Lantern Swinger
I too put my current employer down and was told they wouldn't be contacted until I gave the OK. However AFCO forgot and the next thing I knew my boss called me in! Lucky for me he took it OK and wrote it in front of me. I'm led to believe you can put 2 personal references though, if you like, check with YOUR AFCO though for confirmation.

I put my cureent employer down too - only my current employer is my familys business!! Wasn't keen on them finding out before I was ready.

Good luck with you application and the process!

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Navy_Wolf1987 said:
I put my cureent employer down too - only my current employer is my familys business!! Wasn't keen on them finding out before I was ready.

Good luck with you application and the process!
It is not essential you nominate your employer as a referee, however if you write your employers' details in the referee section, we will write to them.

Unfortunately, you cannot nominate a referee who is related to you, so if you work for a relative, they cannot be a referee.

joe_145

Lantern Swinger
cheers ninja....informative as ever. So for example could i put down my foreman in my current job and a previous employer??

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
BillyNoMates Submariners 15
beltfedwombat Current Affairs 0
B RMR 36