First Snow

Discussion in 'Travel & The Great Outdoors' started by golden_rivet, Jan 3, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A prize for the first Rum Rationer who posts a picture of the snow in their vicinity.

The following are lovely:

snowy pictures please click

it hasn't hit London yet :rendeer:

2. Got snow in Scotland at a famous naval base, but i cant upload from here will try at another location later. Looks good though. :thumright:

3. it has been snowing in durham all day.... but no pictures sorry

4. Well i saw abit of the snow this morning
    Was planning on getting up to go out with my camera

But i kinda went back to bed nd when i woke up again it was all melted

Sorry folks no photos from the amature photographer =[

5. Still none in the Smoke - :( but that could be due to the hot air emanating from Whitehall !
    ;)

6. its been trying on and off all afternoon in west Cumbria, but not long enough to lay

7. FlagWagger

FlagWagger Book Reviewer

8. Flagwagger

That IS bad dandruff! Have you tried Head'n'Shoulders, skin? :biggrin:

The Thing

9. FlagWagger

FlagWagger Book Reviewer

Dandruff - no, 'kin cold - yes!

10. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Word is it'll snow on friday, we may get to see some yet..... :thumright:

11. Suppose that means once again the place will grind to a halt.

It caught us by surprise said the man from the met office. We never expected snow in wintertime!!!

12. 5 day forecast for west cumbria has changed significantly over the last 24 hours, we had snow forecast for sat and sun this time yesterday (07:00) with sleet on friday, since then it has changed to rain for all days, a combination of sunny intervals and rain, back to rain.

When i check at 6:30 this morning it said it was rain all day, went to the hour by hour forecast and yes it ws rain according to that, was not a cloud in the sky. The really funny thing though, in all the surrounding areas there is snow forecast at some point iver the weekend (Douglas, Skipton, Carlisle, Dumfries and Stranraer, but not any par of west cumbria, oh apart from Barrow-in-Furness who have hail forecast).

just checked again, to see what change over the last 30 mins, and Cockermouth (7 miles away) has snow forecast for tomorrow

13. Rather than all the rubbish they dish up on the forecasts, they should just ring all the met offices around the country and ask them to look out the window, I'm sure it will be more acurate.

14. No snow but when I was running this morning it actually started hail stoning. Quite hard for about 5 mins. Thats from the north west.

15. Throwing it down in Guzz like a tall cow peeing on a flat rock: but the council gritters start work at 0415 tomorrow - my son-in-law was wondering why he got sent home early today - then they rang and told him !!!

16. Yeah it was hailstoning here!
    Freezing my little bum off at college

All hopes for snow tomorrow!

17. Its been snowing heavy showers all day in my part of Scotland. Also with a very high wind from the West.

Snow didn't settle too long cos it was too warm/wet.

:nemo: :nemo: