First Snow

BoxKickerSubs

Lantern Swinger
Got snow in Scotland at a famous naval base, but i cant upload from here will try at another location later. Looks good though. :thumright:

Topaz

Lantern Swinger
Well i saw abit of the snow this morning
Was planning on getting up to go out with my camera

But i kinda went back to bed nd when i woke up again it was all melted

Sorry folks no photos from the amature photographer =[

5 day forecast for west cumbria has changed significantly over the last 24 hours, we had snow forecast for sat and sun this time yesterday (07:00) with sleet on friday, since then it has changed to rain for all days, a combination of sunny intervals and rain, back to rain.

When i check at 6:30 this morning it said it was rain all day, went to the hour by hour forecast and yes it ws rain according to that, was not a cloud in the sky. The really funny thing though, in all the surrounding areas there is snow forecast at some point iver the weekend (Douglas, Skipton, Carlisle, Dumfries and Stranraer, but not any par of west cumbria, oh apart from Barrow-in-Furness who have hail forecast).

just checked again, to see what change over the last 30 mins, and Cockermouth (7 miles away) has snow forecast for tomorrow

Rather than all the rubbish they dish up on the forecasts, they should just ring all the met offices around the country and ask them to look out the window, I'm sure it will be more acurate.

Throwing it down in Guzz like a tall cow peeing on a flat rock: but the council gritters start work at 0415 tomorrow - my son-in-law was wondering why he got sent home early today - then they rang and told him !!!

Its been snowing heavy showers all day in my part of Scotland. Also with a very high wind from the West.

Snow didn't settle too long cos it was too warm/wet.

:nemo: :nemo:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Constant_Bad_Mood Miscellaneous 1
The_Caretaker Miscellaneous 0
The_Caretaker Diamond Lil's 2