Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Andy1988, Jul 17, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ive got 4 weeks left at sultan and ive just been told my first ship HMS Liverpool ironic seeing as im from liverpool. im delighted.
  2. Congrats young man,i hope you enjoy ship life as much as i did,its ferkin brill especially if you get some good jollys, :eek:ccasion5:
  3. thanks i was hoping for a 23 but im made up especially since liverpool has just had a refit. yeah some good run ashores and getting my task book done is next up.
  4. 22's and 23's are gay. Cherish your time on a glorious 42, life gets no better.
  5. Yeah, just avoid 9's and 14's :wink: :D
  6. ******* jammy cnut, have a look at the longcast for Liverpool and see where she's going.

Also, tell the AC on board she's a skanky old munt, they loves it they do.
  7. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

22's are the workhorses of the fleet. 42's are tatty, dirty, DSC and Isle of Wight guardships. :wink:
  8. oh and one other I wish I'd known about, if you're in the forward heads and the flush doesn't work immediately, GET THE **** OUT OF THE CUBICLE ASAP.
  9. You'll enjoy a 42, they are great ships and THEY are truly the workhorses of the fleet. I served on 4 of them (5 if you count the fact that I served on one of them twice). Great ships, good ships companies and they alway used to get bezzie runs ashore.
  10. tiddlyoggy

While the 22's have been doing all the real work. :wink:
  11. Just left 'that' T22 in Salalah, its doing Calash until december, then turn around in new year, BOST and another 7 monther probably Calash again, so you are perfectly right, T42s [email protected] all use to anyone. 2 yrs shore time for me, and then hopefully my last sea draft will be something cheers easy like the Argus.
    All those who say that T42s are bezzie, well they obviously never been on T22s or T23s, this isnt Guzzite ignorance, plain fact, T42s are disgracefully shoddy compared to the accomodation on other surface units, sorry fella but you're joining a shit heap.
  12. tiddlyoggy

Welcome home shipmate, how are the lads? Do you happen to know if Lucky Paul has been extended on there? I tried to get him in the outboard workshop when he comes ashore, but he says he may be kept on.

I throw myself on the mercy of the mighty deep again next week as I go back to keeping the sea lanes open on my new ship, incidentally that means I won't be posting anywhere near as often. :(
  13. Lucky paul , not so lucky now. Not due a relief until next year now, he has got to do the whole trip. Good luck in your new job mate.
  14. Keep it safe TO.
  15. tiddlyoggy

Cheers fellas.
  16. 3 x 23's thanks very much and they're sh1te. Give me a 42 any day of the week. It's not all about the accomodation shipwreck.
  17. Tiddly

You will be missed.
  18. Meh,

Had a 22/23/CVS and 2 x 42s (1 stumpy, 1 stretched).

Type 42s are the real RN! There is no finer sight than a sleek, stretched 42 cutting through the waves.

Can't stand Pompey though, only drawback apart from the shite accom, STP shitey smell, lack of space etc. :lol:
  19. And who was it had the temerity to say that Soliel only posts Links?
    Now refuted! :lol:
  20. tiddlyoggy

Aw, thanks Soleil. :oops: