First Sea Trip.

Discussion in 'RFA' started by Joycey0014, Sep 16, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Is it wise to take all your hand outs and notes to your first Sea Trip or should I not bother? It's a lot of paper so it weighs a fair bit.

2. I don't know, what do they refer to?

3. Everything to do with Comms, my department.

4. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

What have your classmates done?

Just the thoughts of a blonde ex-wren. Don't blame me if it all goes tits up.

5. 1 guy that I know of has took some of his. Others haven't.

6. What do you need notes for? You should be a fully trained comms rating

7. Well I'm not am I? I'm a CR2 I've never had a sea trip yet.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Are there any that are going to be useful than others if you have a sift through? do you have a weight limit of stuff you can take on board? If not maybe its better to be prepared if there is no definitive answer out there on what to do? All the best at sea anyhow :)

9. In the 60s we were always told to keep our course notes as we would need them, after a year I ditched mine.
    A year later I decided to do my PPE for my hook, wished I hadn't ditched my notes. Lucky for me, my oppo still had his:p

10. Surely it's better to have them and not need them rather than need them and not have them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  11. **** it. I'll probably never use them anyway.

12. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Take it you're not going on an Op, you could get 2kgs worth sent out at a time for free.

Just the thoughts of a blonde ex-wren. Don't blame me if it all goes tits up.

13. No it's Fost :)

14. If you are taking a laptop, you could always scan the notes onto it and leave the them at home. If you have enough time.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Right, I've just asked the SCO of my ship if he'd expect a CR2 to bring their notes. He said he'd not expect it but it would be useful for your own revision.

It goes without saying that you need to bring your task book...

16. Thanks for that blue bird.

17. DMT

DMT Midshipman

Why don't you scan them and put them on a memory stick.... not weight at tall?

18. I would hazard a guess that its not wise to be scanning your comms notes. What is the protection marking?

19. Restricted and confidential.

20. Then I wouldn't be scanning them.