First Sea Lord

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by stirling2, Apr 6, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A good response from the man to the shite-stirers who in all probability have never seen service. Of course they could be making negative comments in a pathetic attempt to gain puerile political points.

2. Common ground at last finky, agree wholeheartedly

3. Who taught him to salute? "Old and Bold" GIs are turning in their graves!!

Semper Strenuissima.

4. I think he's trying to keep the sun out of his eyes Onions!

2BM

5. Total agreement with what he says.

I wonder if he reads RR :lol: :lol:

6. Course he does , :lol:

7. I hope he is trying to keep the sun out of his eyes. If not thats terrable.

8. All that gold is weighing his arm down!

9. Not how I was taught to do it but since he's the boss I suppose he can do what he wants - just waiting for the opportunity to follow suit and see who picks me up on it!

10. It's almost as if he smells "Bullshit" and is try to waft the smell away!

Semper Strenuissima.

11. Sounds like the most probable answer!

12. Jonathon Band is one Senior Officer I would willingly follow into combat.

The rest I would follow out of sheer curiosity -

but one (no names no pack drill but he has a rusty barnet) I would happily go AWOL before I let him lead me any where near danger again!!!

13. I thought only camp brownhatters saluted like that!!! :oops: Even I learned to salute properly (I think) in the RNXS....... Long way UP and short way down. Seemed like good advice at the time, innuendo aside! :wink:

14. I was lucky enough to meet him while out in Basra last xmas, and fishmeister's right, He was a top class bloke, he might be a very good actor, but it did feel like he actually cared about what jack was up to out there, and he shared the same worries that we all shared even though he could jump on the next A/C and get out if he wanted to. Nice fella!

15. The pongoes do that AAC. Jack should, (or always did) go shortest way up, shortest way down.

2BM

16. Met him very briefly during the cock & arse on the carrier during T200. Only got to have a quick chat as he was doing the social meet-the-troops bit, but first impressions last and he did come across as an alright geezer.

17. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

He was captain of Illustrious early to mid 90's and whereas I normally treat officers with equal contempt, JB is the best boss I've had in 25 years service- a quality bloke.

18. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Spot on, I concur.

19. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Nah - he cheats at Uckers! :wink: