First sea draft!

Discussion in 'The Fleet' started by Sweeney93, Jan 20, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all.

Finishing my phase 2 on Friday, and joining Lusty on the Monday... Any advice for my first time on board... I'm shitting myself :s.

Excited though :)

2. Enjoy it all.
  3. Be thinking of you !!! Mine 17 year old on HMS Victorious ships company, took me 3 months to get my bearings lol, and when we went to sea and berthed the other way round !!! I was disorientated ;-P
    • Like Like x 1
  4. I joined HMS EAGLE in Singapore (1965), ship sailed just after I embarked.
    On secure I showered and got changed into my Civies:confused4:, felt such a cnt, nobody had told me that night clothing was to be worn at sea, after all I had just finished doing three years at a Naval Air Station where uniform was only worn for work, duties and divisions. :shock:
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2013
  5. Dont ditch gash at flying stations! :grin:
  6. First draft as a wee sprog Wafu, 18 hour flight to Singapore to join the Albion!!!

With a ten bob note in me pocket and still got pissed and visited the street first night!

Enjoy it bud.
  7. My advice. Keep your gob shut, listen more than talk. I you borrow something return it cleaner than when you borrowed it. Don't bum fags,booze or money.
    Don't shag the splits.
    Don't complain.
    Be helpful and cheerful.
    Don't stare at other lads cocks when using the showers.
    That should get you started.
    • Like Like x 4
  8. wal

wal Badgeman

Make sure that your soap-on-a-rope is well secured.

O, I forgot there are no ships on wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2013
  9. On my first draft I went to loads of places but cant remember most, cos as soon as I hit shore I got pissed, I dont have any pics cos I had no camera, thats two things I'd do differently, the rest as per Romanys list
  10. The first one in the mess who gobs off about how shite it is/ this is the way we do this/any snags come and see me first etc etc is usually the mess bell end and wants a friend.

Unless it's the killick of the mess, but he still may be the mess bell end.
    • Like Like x 2

11. Whats wrong with the splits?:love6:
  12. Nothing per se, but why waste a good ****.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Remember to shout "Switiching on" and "Switching off" fell foul of that first day onboard the DANAE
  14. used to get into the shower and lock the door, on the F47 !!!! Lol
  15. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

Listen more than you talk, be yourself and enjoy. Come out of your shell when you know where you stand in the mess, task book done hopefully.
  16. Its thredders!
  17. This is all ******* terrible advice. Do all of the above, everyone else does and you don't want to be an outcast.
    • Like Like x 1
  18. A pointless post, welcome back Chicojizz!!!

19. Is he serving now?
  20. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

He had a change of career, if I remember correctly, He is now Fleet Manager for Eddie Stobart!!