First I have heard this

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Ryan92, Jun 4, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I heard today that on the medical at hms raleigh on the Tuesday you have a chest x ray. Why is this needed? Just curious as it's the first I've herd and I'm hoping to go in as an aircraft handler.

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Probably screening for TB. Have you been near any badgers recently?

3. Lol luckily we don't have many in Belfast, or not that I know of

4. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

[​IMG]

Just the thoughts of a blonde ex-wren. Don't blame me if it all goes tits up.

• Like Like x 1
  5. To find out if you have a backbone. If they don't find one, you might find yourself tranfered to Dartmouth.

6. Love it Ex J, Ryan my son passed out a couple of weeks ago and he didn't have one. Good luck with basic

7. Ninja_Stoker

Yep, we're only screening alternate Ryans apparently. ;P

• Like Like x 1
  8. Well done for ur son Jay Jay, I go in 2 weeks so tryna find out as much info as possible about the medical as I hate going into things not known what to expect lol, could be true ninja lol only it would be the pigeons in Belfast if anything #flying rats

9. Check for TB.

10. Ninja_Stoker

Pigeons!

Don't start me on pigeons. About as pointless as wasps in my book.

• Like Like x 1
  11. But surely you would know if u had TB why would u bother going to basic lol, ino pigeons are terrible altho wasps top them I think

12. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

It's ok. They're not screening you for wasps and pigeons. You are allowed to take wasps to Raleigh by the way. The RN Actively encourages keeping them as pets.

13. As your joining the RN, shitehawks are the preferred pet, pongo's use pigeons as it's the fastet way of communicating between units, especially if they're on Dii.

14. I went to the pet shop the other day to buy a pet wasp...the shopkeeper said "Sorry mate we don't sell wasps"...I said "But you got some in the window"!!

I thangyew!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Ageing_Gracefully

Ageing_Gracefully War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

I have had roast pigeon, but never roast wasp!

16. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Can't see wasp going as well with black pudding and bacon as pigeon does.

Just the thoughts of a blonde ex-wren. Don't blame me if it all goes tits up.

17. Small ships used to have wasps, mind once the matelots got a pet Lynx they soon pissed off:frown:

18. I once knew a waspish 3/O.