First Female Captain for P&O

Status
Not open for further replies.

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Hmm, "female in charge of a ship...". In this day and age? Who'd have thunk it?!

I think I'll switch over to the other channel - the News is on... :roll:

Naval_Gazer said:
Whoever heard of such a thing? Next thing you know, we'll see the first female Captain of a Jumbo jet.

(1984 - Beverly Lynn Burns, an airline Captain since 1979).
I think you missed that one, I am sure in thd days when I was a corporate warrior I was flown by more than one female captain

Seadog

War Hero
....guessing they don't have any kind of fitness requirements.
As far as I know regular medicals conducted by MCA approved doctors are required for UK officers and ratings normally every 2 years but the doctor may limit the validity in the case of salad dodgers.

Compared with some RN officers (especially surgeons) and ratings Captain Breton is a racing snake. Glass houses.

Naval_Gazer said:
Maxi_77 said:
Naval_Gazer said:
Whoever heard of such a thing? Next thing you know, we'll see the first female Captain of a Jumbo jet.

(1984 - Beverly Lynn Burns, an airline Captain since 1979).
I think you missed that one, I am sure in thd days when I was a corporate warrior I was flown by more than one female captain
Read the small print Peter or, even better, click on it.
I didn't get where I am today by reading the small print.

Maxi_77 said:
Trifle chubby for me but BZ to the lass all the same.
Trifle chubby? Her displacement cannot be much less than that of her ship!

But as long as she does a good job, who cares and who apart from the crew would notice if the Captain is male or female.

*shudder*

No, just suggesting that in addition to the crew any spouse or other close relative may be aware of her gender.

But you knew that... :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Constant_Bad_Mood Blue Jokes 0
Gombear Diamond Lil's 8
R Current Affairs 25