first day training

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by cornwall_jake, Oct 12, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hey i am waiting to get my start date for my training but have a feeling it will be end of march next year! does anyone have a rough idea wot happens on first day?
  2. would u like to go in to any detail with that?
  3. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

A bit like Auschwitz, pile off the train. Hair shaved, stripped naked and told to bend over and grab your ankles. The selection process then take's place.
  4. And you will meet your nice instructors, fill out sh1tloads of forms and get shouted at
  5. Look on the RN website for a bit. If you can't find the info I'll give you some clues.
  6. yeah ive read through loads of stuff just first hand is always better hoop stretched sounds like fun! bit like prison then
  7. Just ask for the KY, it helps.

[quote="cornwall_jake]...bit like prison then[/quote] No, prisoners have rights. You will have none.
  8. haha i will take my own ky anyone else joining next year as aet?
  9. You'll meet your New Entry Instructors.....

10. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

Is this the new improved thingy?
  12. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

It's probably best to ask your Careers Adviser or have a look at the official Recruit Training Programme.

Good luck - be sure to believe all anecdotal advice from anywhere, as it's sure to be accurate (ish).