First book competition of 2013 - double agent snow

Discussion in 'Competitions' started by Ageing_Gracefully, Jan 4, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ageing_Gracefully

Ageing_Gracefully War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Welcome to the first book competition of 2013, the first of many I hope. This first competition is for a chance to win one of four copies of the book Double Agent SNOW by James Hayward. The true story of Arthur Owens, Hitler's Chief Spy in England.The competition will run until Sunday 20th January 2013 and the entry for can be found on Survey Monkey by clicking here.

The review is just being finished off and will be put up soon - I will link to it when it is ready.​
  2. OMM

OMM War Hero

I'm in, going for 2 wins in a row!
  3. Easy peasy, lemon squeezy. Breaking us in gently for 2013 A_G?

Looks like an interesting book though, well worth a punt.
  4. Done, must be my turn soon.
  5. .
  6. I have entered. Hope I win :)
  7. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Bump and done..
  8. Done and on my way to anther win, Wrecker will be blocked again
  9. Done......
  10. So it's you, you barsteward :rage:
  11. Ageing_Gracefully

The review for this fine book can be found here. Still plenty of time to get your entry in.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Ageing_Gracefully

Bump - still a week to go on this competition for a cracking wee book. The more that enter, the lesser the chance of Sumo scoring yet again!
  13. Ageing_Gracefully

24 hours still to go in this first book competition of 2013. If you have not entered then why not have a go; it's free and a bit of fun. If you are entering then make sure you read the question. Many have not read question 3 properly! :evil:
  14. Ageing_Gracefully

Competition now closed and a very popular one it was. However many did not read question 3 properly and therefore have missed out on the chance of winning one of these great books. Anyhoo, the winners, in no particular order are:

• fast_knights
    • tremar90
    • cooper1999
    • Ark_angel
    As ever I will be getting in touch by email with these guys for contact addresses.

Q1 Contact with Royal Navy & Kriegsmarine A =He supplied both with ships equipment
    Q2 Why Codename SNOW - A =It was a close anagram of his name
    Q3 and the one causing most of the angst: Owens moved to Canada - what name did he use there A=Mr Brown.

Q3 Many fell foul of the opening sentence in wiki (that well known source of accurate information
    [​IMG] ) which gave his name in later as Mr White. I accept that but the question was when in Canada which if you had scroilled down and read further would have seen it was Mr Brown he used in Canada :

Arthur Owens - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not a trick question, just one that required some reading!
  15. White Vs Brown that will be me then, fancy having a question in a book competition that requires us to read? Shocking:evil5::pissedoff:;-P