Fire On HMS ECHO

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by TattooDog, Jun 29, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Not on the national news, but hidden away in the regional bit.

Apparently HMS ECHO had a fire just off Guzz.

Hoping the two injured make a full recovery.

HMS ECHO Link

2. Since the Echo is a survey ship, is there a sister ship called ping??

3. Sorry could you repeat that?

4. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Do they boldly go where no man has gone before? Oh no, that's her sister ship, the Enterprise... :roll:

5. Noooo!!!!!

6. Not on the national news, but hidden away in the regional bit.

7. Not on the national news, but hidden away in the regional bit.

8. Far too sutble (spelling?)....

9. No, but they're building 3 more called:

ECHO
    ECHO
    ECHO

10. I can't find the icon of some-one banging their head off of their desk, but please believe me....I'm doing it!

11. Story made page 18 of the SCUM today - 4 whole lines "Two sailors have been flown to hospital after a fire on survey ship HMS Echo off Plymouth, Devon".
    Local rag in Guzz under headline "NAVY TIGHT LIPPED OVER TWO HURT IN FIRE ON SHIP": Two city sailors were airlifted from a Devonport-based survey ship after being injured in a fire on board.
    HMS ECHO was just off Rame Head on her way to Falmouth foe maintenancxe when the incident occurred yesterday morning, cutting off all power on board.
    The helicopter delivered the two casualties to Derrifoed Hospital for treatment. Their injuries are understood not to be life-threatening.
    HMS ECHO was due to be towed ino Devonport Naval Base yesterday afternoon where an investigation was due to begin.
    A Navy spokesman declined yo offer any details of the location of the fire or how it started. He also declined to say whether the personnel were male or female, or reveal the extent of these injuries,"