Finding Service Number for Letter

T_Jzz

Hi all, first post so go easy on me.

I've been dating a guy in the Royal Navy for about a year now and wanted to surprise him with a letter as he's been away for a month and trying to text is just a bit naff.

I know his role and BFPO number - and his location - but I need a service number and don't want to let on that I'm sending it.

Does anyone know how I can go about finding it? Are there any services that supply them Without having to prove blood relation?

If anyone can point me in the right direction that would be great!

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
Name, unit and BFPO number will do, it will get to him (eventually) but be warned the BFPO mail system is the epitome of snail mail.

T_Jzz

Thanks all, yeah I do know his name if I didn't I'd be a tad worried!
Is there a particular order to the address or is it as simple as Name, Unit (ship), and BFPO number?
Also do I need a stamp? That's probably a stupid question but the BFPO site is a bit uncertain as to when you do/don't require one.
Sorry for the stupidity :)

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
You do need a stamp unless it's a "bluey" if they still do them. The address order is correct though.

T_Jzz

Thank you so much! I did read about Bluey's and there still going but think I'll just bung on a stamp and hope for the best. Thanks again for your help x

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
U Help, with finding my Grandfathers Navy Service records, during ww2??... History 8
skyvet Finding a vaccine to fight Covid 19 explained ........ Current Affairs 0
MoD_RSS UK statement on the ICJ finding on Myanmar and the Rohingya MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UN Human Rights Council 42: Interactive Dialogue with the Fact-finding Mission on Myanmar MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: 3 major UK construction suppliers in provisional cartel finding MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Countering Drones: finding and neutralising small UAS threats MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Finding a peaceful resolution to tensions in Haiti MoD News 0
P Help finding a former RN submarine officer Submariners 9
MoD_RSS Speech: Security Council briefing on the UN Fact-Finding Mission in Burma MoD News 0
W Finding the truth The Quarterdeck 22
D Finding work as a Reserve Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 4
E FINDING OUT RT SCORE Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
M Help finding out past. History 12
MasterChief Help in finding info on a war grave History 4
K Help Needed Finding A RN Badge History 5
S Finding an old Oppo Nearest & Dearest 13
Oil_Slick So long F-35? Even the Yanks are finding it expensive Current Affairs 3
nethyman Finding out about Grandad History 9
D Finding uppos The Fleet Air Arm 12
MasterChief Help in finding info on a war grave Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 3
MoD_RSS Welsh winners of the 2020 Queen’s Award for Voluntary Service announced MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Winners of the 2020 Queen’s Award for Voluntary Service announced MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government launches NHS Test and Trace service MoD News 0
F Looking for information about Grandads pre-war ship service record... Can anyone help? History 8
MoD_RSS Up to £15 million to support the Citizens Advice service during COVID-19 pandemic MoD News 0
O Change of service in training Joining the Royal Navy 2
MoD_RSS £300 million additional funding for local authorities to support new test and trace service MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Civil Service Coffee Connect MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Over 1000 jobs promoted to local job seekers at National Careers Service virtual jobs fair MoD News 0
MoD_RSS GAD’s clients share their views of our service MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New guarantee on death in service benefits for frontline health and care staff during pandemic MoD News 1
MoD_RSS Letter from the Paymaster General to the European Commission and the European External Action Service: 27 April 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New video service for deaf claimants accessing Universal Credit MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UKEF guidance for creditors on temporary suspension of debt service repayments MoD News 0
MoD_RSS HMRC to accept service of legal proceedings by email MoD News 0
MoD_RSS LLWR donates protective suits to Ambulance Service in Cumbria to fight COVID-19 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The VMD switchboard service is currently unavailable MoD News 0
MoD_RSS VMD: Civil Service People Survey 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New service allows DBS to respond quicker to recruitment requests during COVID-19 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New Permanent Secretary at the Cabinet Office and Chief Operating Officer for the Civil Service MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Appointment of the new Director General of the Security Service MoD News 0
soleil FB: Naval Service Family & People Support - Downloadable Colouring Sheets Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 3
MoD_RSS COVID-19 - ARRANGEMENTS FOR SERVICE OF WRITS, MOTIONS & OTHER COURT DOCUMENTS MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government launches Coronavirus Information Service on WhatsApp MoD News 0
MoD_RSS VMD switchboard service unavailable MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Civil Service says farewell to Clare Moriarty MoD News 0
MoD_RSS NHS nurses, we thank you for your service as we get through coronavirus together MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Reappointment of members to the Prison Service Pay Review Body MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New Sellafield bus contract will improve service and save money MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Next step for new service for benefit assessments announced MoD News 0