Finding an old Oppo

Discussion in 'Nearest & Dearest' started by Seaking824, Sep 21, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This website has been a great help to me in the past so I'm hoping someone can help me again.
    I'm looking for an old Oppo of mine....J P Iball.I know he lives in Helston. One of the guys here pointed me to which I have just tried but I'm not a member. We served on the Ark together in the 70's but only just found out where he was living a couple of days ago.

I've tried looking up all the family, wondering if anyone is a member of that could provide me with the address and phone number please.

Thanks kindly for any help
  2. Seaking,

Please check your Messages.

3. Many thanks Sweatpea, this great site always offers great help. Please advise if you get anything else.

Thanks again, your a star
  4. Sweet Pea.

I like your new Avatar :oops:

Is it really you :?: (Sadly mine isn't :cry: )

5. :( Sweetpea you have helped me in the past may I ask for your assistance again. I have tried and tried to trace my schoolmate,shipmate, and messmate, one Ships cook Alan [sometimes Spud sometimes Buck] Taylor. Our home town is Ross on Wye Hdfs. We served together on H.M.S. Adament 1956 and we met up in Singapore 1959 when Alan was serving on a survay ship and I cannot remember the cap tally, she was painted white overall though. I believe Alan was drafted to Dryad and may have served at Ganges also. I believe that he is living in the Portsmouth area and if he is still with us will be in his 70s, :( I had nothing but complications with 192 :cry: Greatful for help from all who can. By the way he doesn't owe me a tenner. :wink:
  6. Jesse,

I've sent you a PM.

BreathingOutOnTheWayUp: Yes, my avatar is a photo of moi. Glad to learn that your avatar is not of you - your little chap is rather on the skinny side. :lol:

7. Seaking,

I've PM'd you the contact details of your friend.

Jesse, I'm still trying to trace your friend. Sadly I've received no reply to the enquiry that I made yesterday.

8. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Good skills girl, more members like you and me should use photos of themselves as their avatar. 8)
  9. Tee hehe ....fnarr ....... woo hoo ........ "little chap" ...... snort ........fwarrrr ..... "members" ....... snigger .......
  10. Sweetpea thank you very much for your time and efforts . Jesse :)
  11. Jesse, Please check your PM's. :lol:

12. Survey vessels Cook and Dampier, possibly
  13. SweatPea, many many thanks for your help. I can go fwd now.
  14. SweetPea you realy is a dimond. Good drills that lass.