Financial Times: "MoD To Hand Over Running Of Bases To Private Sector"

Discussion in 'Bases / Shore Est' started by soleil, Jan 29, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. "The Ministry of Defence is expected to appoint a private sector partner to manage its entire military estate – from airfields to training bases – within weeks in a trailblazing deal that will pave the way for sales of properties including Deepcut barracks estate in Surrey."

MoD to hand over running of bases to private sector - FT.com

2. To be be honest it has been run by civvies for ages. My son worked for Defence Estates before he saw the light!!!! (MOD pay is crap).

So the MOD hands it over to another civvie company!!!! The difference being?

3. fails_as_is

fails_as_is Badgeman Book Reviewer

This should come as no surprise really, the number of defence establishments run under PFI either whole or in part far outnumbers those which are still wholly in MoD hands,

4. Nahhh, it is earmarked to be residential homes for the elderly. That is not a dig to try and be amusing, its the truth. The main site is now being run partly by civvies.

5. Shame, I bet it was a top ships company draft. My 2 weeks went by in a blast of mud, sweat and beers!

" Flaming Joes" ahhhhh :)

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)

6. Two weeks! Gordon Bennet, not enough time to get to know any of the delights of Corsham!

7. Even a brief minute in Corsham allows one to see what a glorious place it is. 2 weeks is being truly spoilt!