Financial Advice

#1
debts

when a sercurity check is done what does it goin the amount of debt you have the payments you would have to make each month or would missed payments come into it as i have had missed payments in the past but its under control now
 
#6
if you have something in collections will you get clearence

will you get security clearence if you have a financial agreement in collections that you paying off
 

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Moderator
#7
Re: if you have something in collections will you get clearence

Providing you are not an undischarged bankrupt, have unresolved CCJs or unresolved default notices & your monthly outgoings are less than 50% of your projected net income in Phase One Training, then there should not be a problem gaining Security Clearance if you have already passed selection interview.
 
#8
Re: if you have something in collections will you get cleare

its just when i lost my job i went over my overdraft amd the bank had to lend me the money, and i am paying it back so it is in collections department but the monthly payments are well within the 50%
 
#9
Re: if you have something in collections will you get clearence

Ninja_Stoker said:
Providing you are not an undischarged bankrupt, have unresolved CCJs or unresolved default notices & your monthly outgoings are less than 50% of your projected net income in Phase One Training, then there should not be a problem gaining Security Clearance if you have already passed selection interview.
NS, when you leave the Careers Service, you could get yourslef a nice job with the Citizens Advice Bureau. The way these answers flow is quite impressive. :thumbright:
 

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Moderator
#13
Re: if you have something in collections will you get clearence

The irony of being an adviser is the fact that outwardly you have to project a self-righteous stance with regard morality, criminal convictions, medical suitability, financial advice, etc.

More often than not you actually have great empathy for the enquirer, but you are employed to advise rather than sympathise, so often it comes across as rather patronising or condescending - it certainly isn't intended to come across that way, it's intended just to be forthright & honest.
 
#14
Re: if you have something in collections will you get clearence

Ninja_Stoker said:
More often than not you actually have great empathy for the enquirer, but you are employed to advise rather than sympathise, so often it comes across as rather patronising or condescending - it certainly isn't intended to come across that way, it's intended just to be forthright & honest.
My comments were genuine.

They were not intended to insinuate you were in any way patronising or condescending. If that was the way it was received I appologise unreservedly.

I think you and SM do a fantastic job on here, unlike myself and others who occasionally get pee'd off with some of the 'stupid' questions that re-occur.
 
#15
looking for advice..

hi, i been looking on the forums for a couple of days now, and i have a couple of questions.

i got my interview and tests on monday, and was wondering if anyone has any tips for me during the interview.

also.. i have recently been given a ccj for £3500 through stupidity and have a car on overdue finance through the same reasons

will that affect my application?

thank you very much in advance.

paul
 
#16
Re: looking for advice..

mr2_paul said:
hi, i been looking on the forums for a couple of days now, and i have a couple of questions.

i got my interview and tests on monday, and was wondering if anyone has any tips for me during the interview.

also.. i have recently been given a ccj for £3500 through stupidity and have a car on overdue finance through the same reasons

will that affect my application?

thank you very much in advance.

paul

Practise and be honest
 
#19
Re: looking for advice..

so having a ccj will stop me from being able to go in? if i pay it off before i go in, and just have my car finance still running, will i be ok?

its a total of 5grand which i could easily pay off in 6 months if i was in the navy
 
#20
Re: looking for advice..

mr2

There are a couple of Royal Navy Careers Advisors around who will be able to give you clearer guidance on this. One or both of them will be on here over the weekend, so look out for their reply.
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top