Financial Advice

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by mclovin19, Feb 20, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. debts

when a sercurity check is done what does it goin the amount of debt you have the payments you would have to make each month or would missed payments come into it as i have had missed payments in the past but its under control now

2. Re: debts

Breath Monty...Breath! :wink:

3. Re: debts

I was going to say something,but I have forgotten what it was now.

4. Re: debts

I think you have to have at least half of your entry pay left after any other payments.

5. if you have something in collections will you get clearence

will you get security clearence if you have a financial agreement in collections that you paying off

6. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Re: if you have something in collections will you get clearence

Providing you are not an undischarged bankrupt, have unresolved CCJs or unresolved default notices & your monthly outgoings are less than 50% of your projected net income in Phase One Training, then there should not be a problem gaining Security Clearance if you have already passed selection interview.

7. Re: if you have something in collections will you get cleare

its just when i lost my job i went over my overdraft amd the bank had to lend me the money, and i am paying it back so it is in collections department but the monthly payments are well within the 50%

8. Re: if you have something in collections will you get clearence

NS, when you leave the Careers Service, you could get yourslef a nice job with the Citizens Advice Bureau. The way these answers flow is quite impressive. :thumbright:

9. Re: if you have something in collections will you get clearence

I thought the Citizens Advice Bureau Advisor's were volunteers?

10. Re: if you have something in collections will you get clearence

And?

11. Re: if you have something in collections will you get clearence

As in not paid.

Never mind, don't know myself where I was going with that....

12. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Re: if you have something in collections will you get clearence

The irony of being an adviser is the fact that outwardly you have to project a self-righteous stance with regard morality, criminal convictions, medical suitability, financial advice, etc.

More often than not you actually have great empathy for the enquirer, but you are employed to advise rather than sympathise, so often it comes across as rather patronising or condescending - it certainly isn't intended to come across that way, it's intended just to be forthright & honest.

13. Re: if you have something in collections will you get clearence

My comments were genuine.

They were not intended to insinuate you were in any way patronising or condescending. If that was the way it was received I appologise unreservedly.

I think you and SM do a fantastic job on here, unlike myself and others who occasionally get pee'd off with some of the 'stupid' questions that re-occur.

14. looking for advice..

hi, i been looking on the forums for a couple of days now, and i have a couple of questions.

i got my interview and tests on monday, and was wondering if anyone has any tips for me during the interview.

also.. i have recently been given a ccj for £3500 through stupidity and have a car on overdue finance through the same reasons

will that affect my application?

thank you very much in advance.

paul

15. Re: looking for advice..

Practise and be honest

16. Re: looking for advice..

i have done the practise test. got 90%... will the debt affect me getting in though?

17. Re: looking for advice..

This may answer your question Security Clearence

WN

18. Re: looking for advice..

so having a ccj will stop me from being able to go in? if i pay it off before i go in, and just have my car finance still running, will i be ok?

its a total of 5grand which i could easily pay off in 6 months if i was in the navy

19. Re: looking for advice..

mr2

There are a couple of Royal Navy Careers Advisors around who will be able to give you clearer guidance on this. One or both of them will be on here over the weekend, so look out for their reply.