Finance Question!!

Discussion in 'Finance & Pensions' started by pingaaa, Oct 26, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Do we get payed on Friday or Monday???

2. If you are on about October pay. Monday. It is always the last working day of the month.

3. Ageing_Gracefully

Ageing_Gracefully War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Oh, dear! Has this moved across from ARRSE to waste time here?

I call a 'WAH'

4. how has this wasted your time?

5. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

48 Days & counting... :santa:

6. Depends who you bank with if it's barclays will show on Saturday has done for years!

7. What has Barclays got to do with the question? I really, really would love to know.

8. Whoaaa, don't get her angry WLS. Very, very touchy 'lady' we have here. I would agree with you but she might find out where I live.

9. My pay went in Saturday with Barclays. Some banks wouldn't have shown it gone in until today is what Barclays has to do with the question asked

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Good point Guzzler, I'll remember that.

Tommo, the context of the question didn't even cover it, which was where I wondered where that answer came from. I should have looked in the JSP 346 :D

11. Due to the fact it depends who you bank with! The original poster asked when pay goes in so I simply stated that if you bank with barclays it shows on a Saturday funny you are quick to have a go at my post but suck back when backed up by someone else

12. SJ-Sometimes they don't answer ANY friggin questions!!!

Last edited: Nov 1, 2011
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Thanks for that and I concur ref JSPs!!

14. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

lastjennywren, are you in a position to answer the question asked on another thread, ie how many "Blue" Wrns (non seagoing) are still serving? It may be one of those questions that would be almost impossible to find an answer to.

15. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Are you? :?

16. Janner I do not know the answer to the above but do know that on 1 Nov 93 the post/appointment of Director WRNS was abolished!!So I then assume the WRNS was officially no more,so that with my calculation is 18 years ago!!So possible some are still serving

Cheers
    MH

17. Im with Natwest. Mine went in on Saturday. People will rant on and say its always the last working day. Its not at all, its when the bank feel like it.

18. I'm still trying to spend August's pay, so don't care when we get paid!

19. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Buy a new mirror and some hair gel then... :wink:

20. SJRM_RN: I'm actually rather fond of Black Bess, so I'll remain on her. Besides, every answer is actually: "Ring JPAC"