Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Topaz, Jan 25, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Got date for my interview.
    After months of stressing!

My mate asked me if i was nervous...
    But im actualy not at all

Should i be nervous? :S
  2. You should be closer to the time but thats all part of the fun! Just do your research, practice, dress well, have a shave and it should be straightforward! good luck mate.
  3. Im a girl!!! =[
  4. Must mean somewhere else then :XXXX !! lolol
  5. Topaz has a beard ????? is she in a circus ????? :dwarf: :rendeer: :rendeer:
  6. Haha
    I dont have a beard! =P

But i do question the part about the circus haha
  7. My gran has a beard.
  8. Bearded clam. :dwarf:
  9. Thats a point, do i need to wear a suit?

Or will i just be fine with what i wore on my test which was... black trousers and white shirt....

Lol and dont worry guys i wont bombard you with thousands of questions about the interview =P
  10. Apologies :p good luck though!
  11. :w00t: yeah i got me test on 28th, and they told me to wear a suit. They said it makes really good impressions with presentation, and it shows you are passionate about wanting the job!

Well, i over heard the R.A.F and a Royal Navy guys talking to two different people about this, ahaha, but its what im doing!!

Go break a leg :thumright:
  12. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Shame. You're obviously not gonna be joining up as a Wren Stoker then?! :oops: 8O
  13. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Nothing wrong with Stokers.
  14. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Especially bearded ones. Just don't like 'em on birds... :lol:
  15. Ever since I saw, for the first time, where Topaz was located I have been asking myself "Who put the cnut in Scunthorpe?" Now I know!
  16. Oh I don't know... I'll always try something once ;) :lol:
  17. Ye wear a suit it really helps. Be prepared for some strange questions like "what is your proudest moment?" And the beard really doesnt matter now topaz ladies can dye them now. . My mum does it. :)
  18. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

FFS, you can see the new spring colours are in yet your sooo last season
  19. can you wear trainers for the interview

20. You can wear whatever you want to the interview, whether or not it will reflect badly or not on you is a different matter. Personally, any interview I was going to I'd wear minumim shirt and nice shoes, but I'll probably go along to my interview in a suit, it doesn't hurt and it gives a good impression.