Finally!

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Saxon, Oct 3, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello folks, finally got my app form off a few days ago, and today was given the date for my pyschometric test. Im quite excited now it has all began!

Now that everything is in motion, was just wondering if its possible to change your PJFT date? Obv I havent been given one yet, but im expecting it wont take too long. Basically as I am hoping to go in as an MCD I need to be fit as a fiddle, and when applying I had taken into account that I would have plenty of time to get my fitness up to scratch as the next divers aquaint from now I believe is feb. My main worry is that I wont be able to get my fitness up in time for the PJFT, not pass, then by feb gotten myself fit enough anyway!

Anyhow, aside from that query I would be most appreciative of any advice regarding the selection process or fitness training.

Cheers,

S

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

As long as you pass your Pre Joining Fitness Test in under 10 mins 45 secs for Divers, all ages, within 28 Days of passing your Medical Examination, then follow the RN Fitness Program initially, before moving onto the diver fitness programme provided by your AFCO, you should be ready for a Pre Entry Diving Acquaint early next year.

Fitness Standards HMS Raleigh

Pre Joining Fitness Training Programme

Good Luck!

3. Cheers Ninja.

4. I am doing the same.

I am waiting for a date for the PEDA bu have been told its not until April.

This is a long time!

5. Good luck hope it all goes well