Discussion in 'Royal Naval Reserve (RNR)' started by CrazyWiggy, Feb 26, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. After a year out of the RN and six months of farting around with the AFCO/RNR center, I'm finally going to my first drill night in the next couple of weeks. Just when I was giving up hope.
  2. Congrats matey, glad to have you aboard.

Up North eh? Assuming thats not the Leeds unit?

(Before i get lynched, you dont have to tell me if you'd rather not!)
  3. If you think the sh!t getting into the RNR was bad, just wait until you are in.

Just see it as patience training, after 18 month you will be able to catch flies with chop sticks mate!
  4. Gods Country.

It has got to be Scotland.
  5. Can't be Newcastle, the devil lives there.
  6. You eejits, he's talking about Scotland, of course. :razz:
  7. If God lives in Scotland, explain the Parliament. Go on then!

No sensible deity would allow it.
  8. Got to be Scotland :mrgreen:

The finest mountains, lochs, water. :cool: the fresh air, beautiful scenery.

Not too hot and not too cold, A wonderful temperature all year round. :???:

Excellent farming land with fresh fish and deer. It sounds like heaven.

So that the Scots would not get confused with heaven, he then gave us the english as neighbours to remind us this was the earth not heaven. :lol:

We must have pi**ed him off at some point to give us the Scottish Assembley :twisted: That was just evil to try and make us think it was hell!!
  9. silverfox

silverfox War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

remind me where it is you live again.....
  10. Congratulations! You can take the sailor out of the sea but you can't take the sea out of the sailor.
  11. Actually it's Denmark. Don't you know that the Danish national flag, the Dannebrog, literally flew out of the sky, handed directly by God to the Danes in 1219 during the Battle of Valdemar, during a campaign in Estonia. This is documented in Saxo Grammaticus's Gesta Danorum (Deeds of the Danes).

Denmark has all one could ask for. Sea, rain, wind, bitterly cold Winters, warming Summers, the Luftmeldekorps and the hyggeligt Danish language! :smile:
  12. Newcastle for me , :wink:
  13. Gods country - Scotland of course :mrgreen:
  14. Away to play some golf now
  15. It's obviously Yorkshire.
  16. Anywhere up north [Newcastle in particular] , further north you go the better untill the Scottish border of course , nothing against the Scots , I've a few Scottish mates , just cant beat the North of England , waiting for the incoming , :wink:
  17. You are clearly forgetting the story of the Saltire which predates the Danes little story by some 400 or so years.
  18. Sorry, but New Zealand is Godsown looks like Scotland but has an added bonus, No Jocks!! :D 8O :lol: :lol:
  19. To be fair NZ is one of the few countries that I could have been persuaded to emigrate to, any way most of thos who are not of Maori descent are Scots, so perhaps it was out of the panont the fire NZBN
  20. If that is true about Kiwi "Jocks" how come they are so good at rugby? :lol: