Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Finally some good news :)

As the story goes I applied for the Mob in September 2009 and have been keeping in regular contact with the careers office regarding a start date every few months.

Just made my New Year phone call for an update, and with good news he tells me they are due a list of start dates at the beginning of April and because of how long I have waited I'm on that list, so fingers crossed I get my phone call in April. :)

Has anyone else had any success?

Spud.

Thats good Ive been waiting since June 09 what you going in as. So there's a new list coming out in April. Hopefully il be on it fingers crossed. Not getting my hopes up lol.

Without wishing to crush hopes and aspirations, it is indeed hoped that entry dates for June onwards will be announced from around April, however...

Despite waiting times being in a permanent state of flux at the best of times & the additional wait imposed by Raleigh entries closing for six months, I feel it's only fair to highlight the fact that ratings entries for the coming year have been reduced by more than half (except for Royal Marines). The last predicted wait, for example for a prospective NA(AH) wanting to apply today, is about 4 years. This isn't to say those already in the system will have to wait this long necessarily but in light of the SDSR my guess is the priority for entries allocated will be for trades from bigger branches with more available billets. Aircraft Handler, even before the change in the economic climate was always a long wait (routinely up to a couple of years) due to the fact it's a sought-after trade (much the same as Clearance Diver) but also because it's quite a small branch when compared to Engineering or Warfare trades.

Best of luck for an early entry date, believe me we wish the waiting periods weren't as long as well and have every sympathy for those waiting patiently for so long.

So is this going to be the first intake this year then june i was hoping to hear quite soon about a May intake, im going in for CT how long is the wait for that trade at present.

I completely believe what Ninja is saying, it was good news to hear, but ill take it with a pinch of salt and carry on with day to day life and see what happens in April.

I have been waiting since September 09, at that point the wait time was about 3 year or so, so Im about half way through that time period although there were a few months added onto the original wait time. As has already been said, it's just a waiting game :)

It's definitely worth the wait & again, my respect for sticking with it & being prepared to wait.

If your future careers are even half as enjoyable as mine was to me, you'll feel it was very much worth waiting for.

Just out curiosity how many phase1 trainees train at Raleigh at any one time.

Sent from iPhone using tapatalk app

Just out curiosity how many phase1 trainees train at Raleigh at any one time.
When it's up to full capacity, there's a weekly intake of up to 80 (ish), so nine weeks worth of 80 ish is feasible. Whether intakes of that size are envisaged with a reduced predicted manning requiremnt remains to be seen.

There's talk RN Officer Initial Naval Training maybe co-located in the not too distant future (only 3 entries per year) & it's possible the length of Initial Naval Training maybe inreased by a week or two.

& it's possible the length of Initial Naval Training maybe inreased by a week or two.

Increased!!?? Do you think trainees arent learning quick enough in the 9 wk period or is it just the volume of stuff 9wks isn't enough??

Sent from iPhone using tapatalk app

Latest Threads